Chapter 12

"And for dessert---" he said and pulled out two glass with salted caramel ice cream in it. "were having... salted caramel" he finished. He handed me my dessert.

"Uhmm, thanks" I said and reached for my ice cream. I took a spoonful of salted caramel ice cream in my mouth and I almost lay down on the blanket. Ugh! Yuuumm!! Salted Caramel is my favorite ice cream ever! I haven't tasted it for like months? But who cares? I'm eating it right now and enjoying it. I just love eating ice cream especially if I'm feeling down... like right now.

Suddenly I realized... Roses? Salted Caramel ice cream? Okay, what is up with Nico tonight?

"Is it my birthday or something?" I asked him "Or any occasion??? Cause I dont know... I don't remember any special events"

Before he answered he let out a soft chuckle. "No silly, your birthday is on---" He said but I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah.. I know when my own birthday is idiot...duh!" I said and rolled my eyes "But really? What is up with this?" I asked gesturing to the picnic set. "And the roses? or having my favorite ice cream in the world?"

"Why, what's wrong with that" he asked and I didn't reply for a moment there... I just looked at him and shrugged.

"I don't know... it's kind of weird and---" I said but he cut me off

"Can't I, Nico di Angelo, just have a dinner with his best friend??" he asked and I looked at him weirdly.

"Uhh, No. It's fine really" I replied

"I just, you know... since we like... didn't spent the whole week with each other and never got the time to hangout... and the fact that, every evening when we're eating dinner, I sit alone on the Hades table....I thought a picnic... eating dinner under the stars is a great idea to hangout" he said and I just smiled "Sounds unique right? A picnic under the moonlight with a billion stars scattered in the night sky... Instead of a picnic under the sun.." he added

"Yeah really unique" I replied and went back to eating my ice cream.

So the rest of the time passed by and all Nico and I did was talk and talk, having a normal conversation like best friends do. No awkwardness this time. Thank the Gods. I like how we never run out of stories even though when our topic is random. From 'How did your week went?', 'Gossip about camp', to 'Books' like 'Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, The Mortal Instruments, Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant, and then to 'Movies', like 'Thor: The Dark World,Catching Fire, Ender's Game, Grown Ups 2, Warm Bodies, The Hobbit 2: The Desolation of Smaug, Kick Ass 2 and Frozen' until we got to 'Tv shows' like 'How I met your Mother where we talked about the mother, New Girl where we talked about Jess' relationship with Nick, The Vampire Diaries where I talked non-stop about how hot Ian Somerhalder is and how perfect he portrays Damon Salvatore (I need to say that) and then talked about the Originals'

Until we talked about serious stuffs like 'The future' or 'what ifs"

"Okay" I started "What if...." I said with my eyebrows almost touching each other and my hands scratching my chin "What if...Oooh! What if Percy and Annabeth got married?" I spat

"Hmmm, that will most likely happen a few years from now" he said which I nodded in agreement "But I don't know... I think Leo and Jason would just fight for the role of Percy's best man" he added.

"Yeah." I said giving it a thought "You're probably right on that one" I agreed

"Oh, here I got one!" Nico said excitedly "What if Leo and Mackenzie ends up together?"

"Oh My! I can already imagine them together!!" I said laughing and Nico laughed too. "Plus, I would kill Mackenzie if I'm not her bridesmaid" I added