3: Letters To and From My Father

Chapter 3- letters to and from my father

Alexis point of view

Flashback- It starts, my dear daughter, Alexis.

Present day- hi, I'm your father. I'm sure you have lots of questions for me but for now, all I will tell you is that I'm in Azkaban. I'm innocent, though. Maybe you could visit me sometime. Any questions, just write back and give it to Dumbledore. In the meantime, maybe you could send me a picture of you.
- your father

I hadn't noticed that Hermione had left but I did notice when she came back in the room with happiness on her face. She waits as I put down the letter and give her my attention.

"Harry thinks your the prettiest girl in Hogwarts" says Hermione. I blush.

"How do you know?" I say

"Him and your brothers were playing truth or dare" says Hermione, clearing it up. I blush even harder and Hermione asks, " oh, do you like him? I hadn't heard!"

It was sarcastically because I talk about Harry a lot.

"Yes, I do like Harry now, stop teasing me" I say shushing her. What I didn't notice but Hermione did is the fact that Harry was listening in on our conversation.

I return to the letter. I get out a roll or parchment and write this:

Dear father,
Hello! I do have some questions for you!
What's my middle name and last name?
What are you doing in Azkaban?
Who is my mum?

Ok, I'll tell you a little about myself now. I am thirteen years old and in my third year of Hogwarts. I'm in Griffindor.

My grades are mostly good, except Snape tries to fail me all the time. He does the same with Harry. The bloody git. Did you and James do something to Severus Snape because he seems to hate us for it?

I have lots of friends. My adopted brother, Ron Weasley, Hermione granger, who is my pretend twin, and Harry Potter, James potters son. Harry is super nice to me, as is everyone else. I also have my prancing buddies, which are the Weasley twins, Fred and George.

Speaking of prancing, professor Lupin said that you and James did lots of it. Apparently, you and Remus Lupin and James Potter were all good friends. Explain!

Later, Alexis

P.S. I like to be called Lexi, Lex or Alex. But, mostly Lexi.

When I'm finished writing, I take a picture of me and give the letter and picture to my owl, Ocean, to give to Dumbledore.

Then, I lay down and think about how life would be different if my dad wasn't in Azkaban! I hope he was right and wasn't living when he said he was innocent, because I want to believe that my dad is the good guy, not the bad guy.