Chapter 4

As she got changed, Luna sighed and Samantha asked her what was wrong. Nothing was wrong. Luna was allowed to go to the party for the first time in four years but she still couldn't grasp the situation. Then there was the issue of the costume. She hadn't put any thought in it, but she had to decide by tomorrow. She wasn't down for an elaborate costume and she didn't have that much money to put into it.

"I need a costume idea by tomorrow, but I have no clue what I could be."

"That's why your sighing? I thought it was another step-mother/sister problem. Go as anything you want."

"Problem is, I don't know. I haven't gotten a costume for the past four years."

"Do you want to be pretty, scary or funny?"

"Pretty or scary I guess."

"What are your friends going as?"

"Red Riding Hood after fighting the wolf and an fairy tale elf."

"So go as a fairy tale character with a dark twist to it."

"Like what?"

"Cinderella as an axe murderer? You already have the evil step-mother and step-sister."

"No princess."

"Fine, go as Harley Quinn from 'Suicide Squad'."

"I'm not wearing booty shorts, and imagine all the dumb comments I'm going to get. I'm not calling anyone 'Pudding' or 'Mister J'."

"Geez, I get it. How about the Cheshire Cat from Alice?"

"Ya, so I can get called 'Kitten' all night? Nope."

"Man your picky. How about the Queen of Hearts? You could scream 'Off with their heads!' all night."

Luna thought about it. There wasn't any down side to that character. Sure she was crazy but that was fun. Then it struck her, she would be the Queen of Broken Hearts. It was more fun and gave her an even darker twist.

"Perfect. I'll be the Queen of Broken Hearts. I'll be in black and purple and have a broken heart instead. Hearts are too tacky for me. I can use a regular outfit and add a few broken hearts here and there."

"See it wasn't that hard."

Both laughed as they started to work, waiting on the different tables.

* * * * * * * *

As Luna got to school, Raven's first comment was:

"So, what's your costume idea?"

"Well hello Raven. Nice to see you too."

"Ha ha. Fine. Hi. So costume!"

"I'm going as the Queen of Broken Hearts. Queen of Hearts from Alice but with a darker twist."

"Dark! I like it!"

"I though you would."

"Ok so I'll sketch you a costume and try to get you a few props that you could use. See you at lunch."

"See ya."

Raven left in hurry to go work on her friends' costume, while Luna got her stuff out of her locker. As she turned to go to class, someone blocked her path.

"So, you're going to the Halloween Party? I thought you didn't like parties."

Alexander was looking down at Luna with a smirk on his face, his arms crossed in on his chest.