Chapter 6

Desmond looked as though he knew what he was doing but she knew they would need luck and wit to get out of here, she turned to Jesimiel.

"As soon as she's distracted by Desmond we need to make a run for it"

"What? Janet you realise what you're saying right?"

"Yeah, but it's what he'd want us to do"

He kept moving until Eostre had her back to them, then suddenly he slashed ferociously, she almost didn't see it coming. She parried it and chuckled,
"Just like old times huh?"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"So you don't remember the old days? The war? When you reincarnated as a knight? Or when I seduced you and tricked you into loving me?"

"What?"

"Yes but somehow you woke just in time to avoid your throat being slit!!" she screamed

Janet pulled Jesi and they made a run for it, but not before she saw something that she could've sworn was almost like Desmond's eyes glowing blue.

****************************************
"What the hell was that Jane?" Jesi asked.

"I'm not really sure"

"Well Desmond better have a good explanation"

"Hopefully he does."

"Think it's safe to go out now? Gotta check on the others"

"Right. Let's go"

**********************************

They circled each other, eyeing each other warily. Each move was met with a precise and accurate counter,

"It seems Phyrok has already instilled some of your old moves into this new body but even he can't teach you all you need to know and you can't remember it yet"

She slashed again, he parried.

"Well it's enough to stop you and your brutes"

"They are not MY brutes, we all serve the same master and we fight for redemption"

Then he saw a weak point in her defence, he feigned a strike, she raised her arm to parry it, then he side stepped and hit her hard making her drop to the ground.

"If you're fighting for Redemption, then why do you always lose?" he asked as he rushed away no doubt in a hurry to assist the others.

*********************************************

Phyrok could say he was still very good at this despite his age as he beat up the last group of them and freed the captured kids. But he'd not congratulate himself yet as he knew this was far from over. He looked over his shoulder to see the two girls run out through the main entrance. He walked towards them with the intention of asking them if they saw Desmond but as soon as he got there the person in question came out through the same exit they used.

"Phyrok!!" he exclaimed.

"Good to see you're alright kid"

"Yeah but I need more training, and am I not older than you?"

"Your soul maybe but not your body"

"I think she'd be quick to recover, didn't do lasting damage"

"You never do, I think you've always had a soft spot for her, maybe guilt?"

"Well I didn't assassinate her brother, he came after me."

"She won't attack again today, their master won't let them"

"You need to tell me who that guy is"

"Not now"

Jane and Jesi stood by looking very confused, Jane spoke up first.

"So, I guess you may tell me what's going on now?"

"Yeah but not here, let's go someplace else. Everyone's rousing." Desmond replied. And they left