1. Blurb

When you're seven years old and almost fall into a road that connects to the highway with a huge truck coming at you, you tend to cry. I cried so hard that day, that I fell asleep exhausted in my moms arms. Next thing I know, I'm in my room and everything is okay again. And that's how a lot of my life went. Everything was just okay.

Let me just tell you, okay was alright for awhile, but it got boring. I mean I had everything. But when my 17th birthday came I just knew something wasn't right and I was trying to find out what it was.

Maybe, I should've known something was wrong when my mother pushed me out of the room when a news reporter said something on the lines of "10 year old Calum Hood has fallen into a coma when a driver hit him head on near a local park. The driver, staying anonymous, has insisted that the boy was waiting for a car...." But I didn't.

I didn't understand what happened, only that my neighbor wasn't in his room anymore. Sometimes, I saw lights go on in his room, but it would just be one of his family members mostly his sister. I didn't understand anything. All I knew is that I didn't want my baby sister near that weird family. So, naturally I never talked to The Hoods.

I had great friends. My best friends since I was six was still hanging around me and I couldn't have been more happy about that. Everything in my life was absolutely spectacular. I had a loving Dad and Mom, and even a little baby sister who looked up to me. My voice had a bit of an Australian accent to it from my parents being Australian and our consent visit there and it made me liked in school. I couldn't of asked for a better life. So, why did I feel like something was missing from my life? I guess I'll find out.