6. First Kiss | Primer Beso

Yoandri

6•17•2016

My phone's alarm wakes me up and after snoozing and snoozing it, I finally wake up. It's eight in the morning and my classes start until nine well that's if I go. After going to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, and washing my face, I go to the kitchen.

Today, which is Friday is Fernanda's birthday, one month before my birthday, she turns seventeen. This is the reason I don't want to go to school today, I want to wish her a happy birthday right now. Johann couldn't miss his internship today so this is the perfect opportunity to have some alone time with her.

I've been living here in Madrid for a month now and I love it. Overall it's very relaxing. I try to see Fernanda as much as I can and I enjoy every second of it. No, I'm not in love, I can't be. She's just my favorite person at the moment.

The church Fernanda lives in is in walking distance from here. After getting ready, I walk out. There's a flower stand near there, so I stop there and buy her pink roses. I know she'll love them because she simply does and she's grateful.

Right next to the large church there is small houses where everyone there lives. I knock on the door of her small house which is basically a large room she shares with her best friend Ivana. I keep knocking and knocking but she doesn't answer.

"Yoandri, ¿qué haces?" Mimi, one of the nuns asks me.

"Buscando a Fernanda." I reply.

"Está desayunando con los demás, vamos." She tells me.

I follow her to another house, this house is like their kitchen and dining room. Fernanda is about to sit down but she sees me so she walks towards me.

"¡Feliz cumpleaños mi Fernanda!" I say to her and then pull her into a tight hug. "Estas son para ti." I give her the roses.

"¡Muchas gracias!" She says with a smile.

"Tú sabes que te quería comprar algo pero tú no me lo ibas a permitir." I say. It's true, when I would mention on getting her something, she would quickly object.

"No necesito nada, estoy feliz. Estas rosas están muy bonitas Yoli." She tells me.

I love the way she is, I got her only roses and she's as happy as can be. She's grateful and I've never been surrounded by grateful girls.

"Me encanta que seas así." I wasn't supposed to say that but it slipped out.

"Quieres desayunar con nosotros?" She asks.

"Si, me encantaría." I answer.

I sit down right next to Fernanda in the large table with all of them. We say a prayer before eating. During the breakfast I sing happy birthday to her.

After breakfast, we walk alone around the garden.

"Por favor, déjame llevarte a un lado por tu cumple." I tell her as we're walking.

"A dónde vamos a ir?" She asks.

"No se, pero por favor, te lo ruego." I say.

"Está bien, pero no me quieres llevar a un lado carísimo." She warns.

"No te lo prometo!" I say with a smile.

"Fernanda, te andaba buscando." Johann comes all of the sudden.

"Johann, pensé que estabas trabajando." Fernanda says to him.

"Estaba, pero salí." He replies. "Vine para llevarte a salir."