7

Darcy Vela
I woke up by the sun hitting my face. I laid in my bed for a few minutes, trying to go back to sleep but it was no use. I finally got up and took a nice hot shower. When I got out of the of the shower, I dressed into a pair of black sweats and a grey baggy shirt and pull my hair in a messy bun.

I head downstairs to eat breakfast. I put my waffles in the toaster, and grabbed some orange juice. I sit on my table and eat my breakfast, alone. I hate being alone. My mom left for work early in the morning. I continue to eat my breakfast until my doorbell rang. I got up and walked to my door. I open it to see..

"Cameron?" I meet his chocolate brown eyes.

"Hey, beautiful." He walked in, plopping himself on my couch.

"Yes, you may come in." I sarcastically said, "What are you doing here?"

He turned on my tv and flipped through the channel, "Well since I figured your mom's not here, I thought you'd want some company."

I did. I was so lonely here. My heart was saying 'let him stay'. My head was saying 'make him leave'. Instead of deciding, I walked away from him. I walk to the kitchen with him following me.

"You want anything?" I ask, getting a bottle of water.

He walked to my table and sat on one of the chairs, "No, I'm good."

I drink my bottle as he watches me. I finish my water and throw the bottle in the trash. I turn towards Cameron who is still staring. I raise my eyebrows at him.

"What?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Nothing."

He bites his lip which causes butterflies to fly everywhere in my stomach. Why am I feeling like this? What is happening to me?  I realized that we were both staring at each other in silence. After a few seconds of standing there, I walked over to my living room and sit on the couch. I wish my mom was here. When I was little my mom would always talk about being in love. How it will be the greatest feeling in life. My dad would always say to be careful with love because it's a dangerous thing.

"What's wrong?" Cameron sat next to me.

"Nothing." I replied.

He grabs my hand, catching me by surprise, "I know it's not nothing."

I look at him as I feel little tingles on my hand. I wanted to pull my hand away from him but it seemed stuck like glue on paper. 

"I don't wanna talk about it." I whisper loud enough for him to hear me.

I did want to.

He brings my hand to his mouth, pressing his lips on the top, "Okay."

We stare into each other's eyes as I feel my stomach flip. His face inches away from mine. I didn't know if I should let him kiss me or pull away. I went with the second choice and look down breaking eye contact.

"I think I'm going to try and rest." I get up and start to walk upstairs.

"What? Don't you wanna go somewhere instead of being home all day?" He started to follow me.

Yes.

I stopped to face him, "I don't know."

I looked at the smile that he had on his face, like an idea had popped into his head.

"Do you like the beach?" He asked, smiling.

"Uh, yeah?" It sounded more like a question.

"Good, cause we're going."

"Alright, just let me change."

I went upstairs, and changed into shorts, and a red nike tank top. I don't like showing off my body. I think showing off skin causes too much attention. I walk downstairs and towards Cameron.

"You're wearing that?" He asked pointing to what I had in my body.

"I don't like showing skin." I put my hands on my hips, "Is there a problem?"

He smiles before looking back at me, "No."

He grabbed my hand, making me feel tingly inside. We go inside the car and he begins to drive. He begins to rest his hand on my thigh until I slap it away. I hear him chuckle and continues to drive. I wonder if he told Nash about Jamie?

"So you told your friend about Jamie?" I look at him.

He doesn't say anything and keeps driving. Did he hear me? Did I speak low? I continue to look at him, waiting for him to reply.

"Did you?" I ask again.

"I haven't thought about it, yet."

"What? Why?"

"I told you. None of them can't date anybody."

I roll my eyes, "So what do you do then? Huh? You f**k girls and drop them like that?"

He grips on the steering wheel hard, making his knuckles turn white. He looked annoyed of me but I didn't care.

"Do you?" I raise my voice for him to answer me.

"Yes! We could do whatever we want with y'all. Thats the exact reason what I'm going to do with you."

"I knew it." I scoffed, "That's probably why I didn't want Jamie to get involved with your stupid gang."

He turns to me, "My stupid gang?! At least my daddy didn't get killed by one."

My whole world stopped. My heart ached just by hearing my dad getting killed. I felt sadness and anger take over me. How did he even know about my dad? How did he know my dad died by a group of gang members? I felt warm tears running down my cheeks, I couldn't stop them.

He had no right to bring up my dad?before I could do anything else, my right hand connected to his right cheek. I opened the door and started to walk away. I knew where I was going. The beach is not that far from my house.

After walking for minutes, I reached my house. I unlocked my door and went inside. I walk to my room, shutting it behind me.

I crawl into bed and cried myself to sleep.