Chapter 1 /:/ Two Years Fighting Crime

"It's in a literature that true life can be found. 
It's under the mask of fiction that you can tell the truth," - Gao Xingjian 

🐞🐈🐞

The last two years were full of Ladybug and Chat Noir fighting together to protect the streets of Paris. They now think back to when it all started, and couldn't believe how far they have come since then. But then Ladybug noticed something along their journey together.

She had noticed that when she didn't have her mask on, Chat would always find her in different spots or wind up meeting with her on her window seal. She didn't mind, she actually liked his company! But after fighting together and then having Chat meet up with her almost on a daily basis, She found herself more and more attracted towards him. Of course, she never wanted to admit anything like that, but she knew those feelings were true.

Even if her feelings grew towards him, she was always glad to have a partner like him. Someone fun to hang out with, but also someone who would do things together with her and someone who would protect the city she loved. But the more she thought about how much Chat had changed from his joking flirtatious ways, she felt more attracted towards him - Like something was boiling inside of her. She didn't knew what it was, but it made her feel something she normally didn't towards Chat.

Though, there was always a small tug of grief about not talking or paying much attention towards Adrien as much as she used to in the past. She felt like she was betraying him in a way.
But only if she knew ...

-----------------------------------

Ladybug and Chat Noir had just defeated 'stormy weather'. It was a long battle, but the feeling of success of saving someone made it even better. "Be free little butterfly!" Ladybug smiled as the white butterfly flew off as she looking over at Chat Noir. "Good job, Chat." She complimented him with a big smile as she put her yo-yo around her waist.

Chat Noir smirked. "Why thank you Bugaboo," He put away his baton and then reached out to her hand to plant a kiss on her wrist, but Ladybug's Kwame started beeping, making her pull away quickly. Chat pouted, but Ladybug became flustered as she turned her face away from him so he couldn't see. "I better go before I bug," She sighed softly and turned fully around. Ladybug than grabbed her yo-yo, getting ready to leave. But before she could, Chat had quickly grabbed her wrist, pulling her so they were facing eachother.

"Please stay, I won't tell anyone your identity. I promise." Chat begged, and Lady shook her head sadly. Lady never wants her true identity to exposed, even if she wanted to so badly and how she knew it had hurt Chat to never knew exactly who he adored. No one can know, not even us," She sighed, turning around again and tossed up her yo-yo. "I'm sorry Chat... Goodnight."
And she was off, leaving Chat behind. It always pained her to leave Chat like that, but she knew that it was the only way to keep him safe.

----- 

The next morning, Marinette walked into her classroom late and tired from the night before. She then grew excited when she saw her bestfriend Alya, who quickly motioning her to come over quickly with a wave. Marinette waved it off, and caught the attention of her old crush, Adrien. Adrien had looked up at her, causing her to become extremely embarrassed and quickly looked away from him. Adrien went to raise a hand at her as a friendly jester, but then slowly lowered his hand in a sad and disappointing way before looking down at his books.