The Chase

"Arthur, are you awake?"

My head throbs so bad, I could feel my pulse thumping roughly against my head.

"Arthur?"

I feel I've heard that voice somewhere, but I couldn't remember.

My sigh got less blurry, but it took me time to recognise what room I'm in - my room! I blink and blink, until my sight is fine.
"Bonamy . . . Gatty . . ." I mutter as I stare at the ceiling.
"Arthur!" Allistor exclaimed and waved a hand in front of my face.
"Allistor . . . What happened?" I ask and sat up to look at him properly.
"Welshmen raided our village. You've saved most of the women, but you missed the first waggon. It has Lady Elisa and [S/n] in it," he started. "Mother was by the orchard when the Welsh attacked, and [s/n] was playing with other children by the village when that happened. Apparently, they thought he's a she."
I sit up immediately, but laid back down because of the throbbing pain in my head, and I clutched it between my palms.
"Idiot! Why didn't you chase it?"
"We did. The archers and poachers hiding in the woods cut us off."
"I'll speak to their King, and I'll bring a troop or two to come with me and search for them." I decided and crawl out of bed and pull my hose up and make it out of the room, slightly tumblr forwards while I rub my forehead, since it's still hurting. Allistor went after me.
"Don't be stupid, Wales is big."
"England is bigger, and I've reached every corner of it." I argue as I creep down the long staircase.
"Even so. It will take you months to find those reeking maggot-pies!"
"Worry not, brother. The King will help me." I step out into the living room and sit by the fire, which was alive for some reason, especially since it's afternoon, and it surely isn't cold yet. Allistor sighed and sat on the couch as I huddle closer to the fire.

Bang!

The doors flew open and footsteps came in.
"Alex! Allistor! Arthur!" I heard Lady Elisa's voice cry out down the halls. We immediately stood up and went to meet them.
"Mother!" We both called back and she jumped into us as a sobbing wreck, her brittle frame trembling and shaking terribly.
"Allistor! Arthur!"
"How did you escape?"
"Alfred saved us!"
"Alfred?" We both raised our heads and looked at Alfred, who's standing by the doorway.
"Where's [s/n]?" I ask him and he didn't answer, nor did Lady Elisa. I pull back from them and went out of the manor and across the bridge, limping and staggering, but I didn't let the pain blow me away.
I hear crying.
"Uncle! Uncle! Stop! It hurts!" Uncle. I make my way towards the manor's well and saw [B/n] firmly holding [s/n] by the waist to keep him at place at the edge of the well.
"We need your wound healed." [B/n] says and the kid just won't stop crying. There was a big gash on [s/n]'s leg and it's bleeding. I untie my belt and made my way towards them.
"If he loses too much blood, he will be in terrible danger." I mutter and wrap the belt around his leg to cover the wound firmly, but not too tight.
"There. I'll ask Wat later for recipes." I say and turned to look at [B/n], to which he immediately understood what I meant. He gave [s/n] a look and started to leave. Put his hands on my shoulders and dabbed the bruises on his small knees and arms with the cloth wetted and squeezed in the water-filled bucket from the well.
"What's your name?" I silently ask him as I clean his other wounds.
"[S-s/n]..."
"That's a nice name. Who gave you that name?"
"Mummy."
"Who's mummy?"
"[Name] mummy."
"Who's your daddy?"
"Mummy said he'll never come back."
"But I did."
"But you're the king."
"Yes, and I'm your father."
"Are you sure?"
"Oh, of course I'd be sure," I say as I grin up at him and kissed his forehead. A large grin made its way to his face and he clung to me.
"Alright, let's go back inside. It's much warmer." I say and carry him. He's healthy, indeed! We walked back into the manor, having small talk about the basic things and such.

Today is a big day. I will need to speak with the Welsh King as soon as I can.

VII.