Prologue

Brandon Burchfield sat down at the foot of the bed. He sat in his plaid boxers, his black wings laying by his side. The blue covers twitched as a woman moved around. He put his hand on her ankle to calm her down. He peered at her with Sorry eyes, he loved her, but he couldn't stay. He stood up and went to the bathroom. He grabbed his shirt and pants on the way. When he opened the door it let out a loud creak, he shot a glance at the woman in the bed as she rolled over so he could se eher beautiful face. He saw her closed eyes, clear of makeup, her hands, so soft, laying at her face, her skinny pink lips slightly open. Her nightgown straps hung loosly around her shoulders. The  covers were up to her chest, revealing her arms. She was skinny, her skin pale white. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door with a click.He went to the shower, pushed the silver knob to the left and went to the mirror. He looked at himself reflected back, his chisled chin, his dark blue eyes, full red lips, while his dark skin shows scars all the way up his arms, on his face and down his side. He fingered some of them, sighed, then undressed and got in the shower.

              After he got out of the shower he changed and opened the door to see the woman staring at him with solid brown eyes, her hair in curly tangles and hanging down her shoulders.

                 "Oh, so you were in the shower." She said with an angry voice and her arms crossed.

         "Yes, didn't you hear the water?" He said with a thick british accent.

                     "No," she said as she stood up from the bed, her nightgown dropping to her knees. "I thought you left already, I'm not ready for you to leave." She said with tears in her eyes. He walked over to her and wrapped his deep black wings around her tight, taking the tears from her face.

    In a whisper he said. "I won't ever leave you without saying goodbye"

     "I know," she said through sniffles. "I got worried." After a pause she said. "I want to tell you something. "

     "What is it?" He said, curiosity in his eyes.

      "I'm pregnant." She looked at him with sorrow in her eyes. She knew what was going through his mind. This was a Nephilim child, a child that would never see their father again. He pressed his wings into his back as he slipped a shirt on. Not looking at her. He couldn't believe it. He looked at her, the sadness she had in ehr eyes, she knew what he was thinking. She wont ever see him again. He quickly grabbed his things and left. Never to be seen by her again.