Chapter 1 David Beckham; America 2000

I've always told myself I was different. But I didn't know I was that different. My name is David Beckham, and I"m seventeen. I'm six foot eight and I live in New Orleans. I've been told I"m special, but I don't believe it. I love to read stories and books about a break of angels called Nephilim, a half human, half angel creature. The topic alwasy fasinated me, but I don't know why. I'm reading this book about a girl who just learned she was a Lycan thrope, or half human, half wolf. She wonders around and discovers true love, but They couldn't be together. I picked up my book and continued reading.

           I stopped reading and I walked to my desk and sat down. I brought up the internet and went to Google. I typed in 'Lycan' then clicked enter. After the page loaded I looked down at the word Lycan. I clicked it and went to the website. I scrolled down. I read a couple of paragraphs and then pressed the silver power button on my computer. I got up, yawned, then walked to my bed, and climbed in and closed my eyes.

_____________

       I opened my eyes to reach down to push the covers off my legs. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and hopped off. I walk to the bathroom, going for my toothbrush and toothpaste, as I reach for it I notive in the mirror that there were two red lines on my back behind my shoulders. I locked my mirrored brown eyes to my own in the mirror. I touched the lines to see that they're warm. I stare at it, then continue to brush my teeth. I walk to my room and step in from of the dresser. I open the second drawer and reached for my basketball jersey with the number 01 printed on thte back. I put it in my backpack, grab a white t-shirt to slip i ton. I also grab my jeans to pull them on as well. Then I walked to my dresser, grabbed my keys, backpack, then headed down the stairs.

     I walked to the kitchen and grabbed the cereal box, grabbed a bowl from the cabnet, then sat at the table. I poured my mild and cheerios in the bowl as my foster mother walks in. She's been my foster mother for a month, I never knew my real parents.

            "Good morning David." She said.

             "Morning, Margerette." I say as I shove a spoonful of Cheerios in my mouth.

            "I told you not to call me that, call me mom."

           " I know, I just don't like calling you that, not yet anyway." I said as I look up from my bowl, she looked down and walked to the fridge.

         "So, David, what do you want us to do for your eightenth birthday tomorrow?" She said handing me a class of tea. I looked at her and grabbed the glass.

            "you don't have to do anything. I'm just going to be eighteen, it's not a big deal." She walked over to where I was sitting. "Excuse me? When I was eighteen, I couldn't wait to get presents I only dreamed of," She said motioning to the door. "And I say we celebrate your birthday with chocolate cake, cocoa, and your favorite, chicken stew, Alright?"

            "Yes, Ma'am" I said laughing. I got up from my bed and put my bowl in the sink, then headed for the door.

       "David?" Margerette said.

           "Ma'am?" I said.

       "Have a good day." she said smiling. I smile back and walk out the front door.