8. Suspicion

With the time it takes me to write these, I usually have something to thank you all for. This time, it's 1k reads!!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this. Enjoy!

(Also, expect the next chapter within a week)

-

/Castiel\

Something was off with Dean and Daniel. Something was wrong, Cas could tell.

Maybe he'd ask them about it. He'd definitely wait until they were both in the same place; he didn't want to talk to them separately.

Either Dean had been telling Daniel things he said he wouldn't, or the twins had been pretending to be each other.

The only issue was getting them in the same place at the same time. When one was free, the other always had something else planned.

Castiel flopped down on his bed and took out his phone. He dialed Dean's number and smiled when he heard a soft 'hello?'

"Hey, Dean," he began. "So, I was thinking... Maybe me, you, and Daniel should all hang out together."

/Dean\

Cas either figured it out already, or would soon. Dean kinda hoped for the latter. At least he could have a chance to explain.

"Daniel could bring someone if he wants... or maybe Sam could come? I don't know. I just think it would be nice for us to all get together. What do you think?"

Dean weighed his options. He could come clean right now, or meet Cas and come clean then.

"Hey, Cas, we need to talk."

"Yeah," he agreed. Dean's swore his heart stopped for a second.

"We can meet over at my place after school tomorrow. Maybe around four o'clock."

"Okay," Cas said. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Got it. See you."

Castiel hung up. Dean sighed and put his phone down. He guessed he wouldn't get much sleep.

-

They avoided each other at school the next day.

Dean couldn't focus on his classes. Castiel wouldn't just brush this off. He could just decide to never talk to Dean again.

As he waited for Cas to show up after school, he had to keep reminding himself that them being soulmates didn't mean they had to end up together.

When the doorbell rang at 4:03, Dean was pacing. He opened the door to see Castiel smiling politely. He tried to match the smile as he greeted him and invited him in. Dean led him to the living room. He could see him glancing around, presumably looking for the other twin.

"Am I talking to my boyfriend or his doppelganger?" he said, smiling.

The word boyfriend caught Dean off guard. He blinked a few times before figuring the best way to bring up the topic that needed discussing. He looked back at Cas, who was watching him expectantly.

"Um... about that..."