2 | 여름

여름 // SUMMER

After Jimin had finally settled into living with Yoongi, Taehyung decided not to visit as often as he could. Until it was reduced to once a month, or whenever Jimin is not around.

Yoongi minded Taehyung's attitude change at first, but soon, he learned not to ask questions. It was always answered with shrugs and 'nevermind'. But deep inside, he knows that Taehyung is just protecting him from the truth.

Because when truth comes, it bears pain.

So, Yoongi follows.

Jimin did not bother Yoongi as he thought he would. He's usually quiet and buried deep into coursework.

But most of the time, Jimin just blatantly stares at him.

Jimin's red hair washed out as soon as the sweltering heat came. He dyed his hair orange now, which was pretty annoying because it ticks off Yoongi's peripheral vision.

Yoongi stayed in for summer. He did not want to return back to Daegu, or go anywhere else in particular. Plus, he has to pay rent eventhough he's out there.

Jimin did not leave either. He's always sitting back at the terrace, a different book each day rests upon his hands. It became their routine.

Yoongi watches TV while Jimin reads. They do not talk that much, but they find each other's company a bit reassuring.

One day, when Yoongi was lying down the couch, he decided to do something stupid.

"Jimin," he called out. The younger boy was curious, he stood up from his usual seat and went towards the sofa.

"Hyung?" Jimin asked, unsure of what he heard.

"Could you color my hair with a stupid shade?" Yoongi said, removing his arm from his head, his eyes looking straight at Jimin's own.

Jimin could not possibly heard it right.

Yoongi? Asking for a hair color?

Wow.

"O-oh," he smiled in enthusiasm, "of course, hyung! What color do you think is the stupidest?"

Yoongi laughed in response, light chuckles turned into deep laughs that hurt his stomach.

What could go wrong? He thought.

And that's how he ended up with a stinging scalp at 3 am.

+ × + × + ×

Yoongi despises this minty shade, but to be honest with himself, it looks stunning in his hair.

"Why mint?" Yoongi asked Jimin, who replaced his reading area to the spot beside the sofa, much much much closer to Yoongi than before.

Not that he minds this sudden friendship either.

Jimin put down the book, because in reality, he could not focus. Not when Yoongi is a mere foot away, distracting him from everything else.

"I don't know either. I mean, I was trying to get you into the wonderful color of orange but your budget says no," Jimin chided, "so I settled with mint!"

Then Jimin whispered, “Mint Yoongi,” but ended up laughing on his own joke.

Yoongi laughed at the sudden burst of Jimin's voice. Talking with him felt light, and it feels like this world is surrounded by colors and sensations he never felt.

It felt thrilling.

"Then, why orange? I really like your red hair," Yoongi said, putting his arms under his head while he stared the cream ceiling.