Chapter 15

Stiles paced back in front of his door mumbling to himself...like he has been for the past five minutes Cora and I were sitting on the bed with a small bit of space between us. The Sheriff stood behind his sons desk, waiting impatiently. Stiles had said that we'd show his dad Cora instead of me because apparently my 'huge ass wings' will 'give him a heart attack.' But, thankfully, that was a last resort. Plan A; merely explaining it to him.

"Yes, okay." He turned to his dad and I straightened up, he stood quiet for a moment. "No." He made a noise of distress and returned to his pacing.

"Stiles." John snapped, agitated. Stiles stopped and moved towards him.

"Dad, I'm sorry, okay?" He apologised. "I'm just...I'm trying to...I'm just trying to figure out how to start here."

The Sheriff leant forward slightly, with crossed arms. "Hey, I don't have this kind of time."

"Um," Stiles began nervously. "For the last year, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean, all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these murders right now. It's like... it's like you've been playing a losing game."

"Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son."

The boy sighed and rubbed his thumb along his forehead. "I know." He muttered, looking to me for any kind of help. My eyes caught sight of the chess board. Remembering the times I'd tried (and failed) to beat the older Stilinski, I pointed towards it as discreetly as I could. He turned and saw it. He pressed and quick, chaste kiss to my forehead before he grabbed the board game. "Okay, see, the reason that you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board." He opened the board on the table, the pieces becoming muddled. "I need to show you the whole board."

I jumped slightly when I got a text. Noticing, Cora raised an eyebrow at me and I felt a slight, embarrassed blush paint my cheeks. I pulled my phone out and frowned. Lydia had texted me, 'Mr. Westover, the History teacher, is missing.'

...

I sat besides Stiles on the one side of the desk with his dad on the other. He'd put sticky notes on the chess pieces. Scott, Derek and Peter in pink for werewolves. Kate, Allison and Argent (Chris) were purple for Hunters. Deaton was blue. Jackson was green. But we'd chosen not to tell him about me unless absolutely necessary so as not to creep him out too much.

"Scott and Derek are werewolves..." The Sheriff trailed off with a lack of conviction.

"Yes." Stiles said, sighing in relief at the fact that his dad seemed to be catching on.

"And Kate Argent was a werewolf?"

"Hunter." Stiles corrected. "That's the..." He held up the purple sticky notes. "Purple's Hunter." He pressed the pad of sticky notes to his lip.

"As well as Allison and Chris." I added and Stiles nodded, pointing to me.

"Yeah, and-and my friend Deaton, the veterinarian, is a Kanima?"

"What? No, no, no, no, no." He shook his head. " He's a druid, okay?" He glanced down at me before looking back to his dad. "Well, we think."

"So who's the Kanima?" John asked.

"Jackson." I answered.

"No, Jackson's a werewolf." The Sheriff denied.

"Jackson was the Kanima first, and then Peter and Derek killed him and he came back to life as a werewolf. Now, he's in London." Stiles shook his head, thinking about how complicated this was and I rubbed his back for a few moments.