A Note from the Author

Dear reader,

I just want to make a few things clear about this book. It is basically the tale of my life, starting from the end of Year 7 in, let me see, around 2011.

Yes, yes, you read it right. 2011. That’s a long time ago for us people in 2078.

You’re probably asking yourself why a 80-year-old best-selling author, known for his action books, is writing about love and friendship and drama.

I’m doing it because of what happened last month. I need to put this down. We all know what happened. I need to tell everyone about the good times before what happened, and some of the bad times. None of you really paid much attention to my personal life until last month.

I remember thinking to myself that my life isn’t much of a tale. I was born into a good family in Australia, went through school, wrote a few books and grew old in England.

But then, after what happened last month, I reflected upon my life, and I realised that it doesn’t make such a bad drama. Hell, a movie might even knock of Titanic 2 as highest grossing film! God knows they should never have made a sequel. I mean seriously, they would never have used the debris to build a new ship, which just happened to hit an iceberg, same as the old ship, causing another terrible disaster! 

Oh great, now I’m sounding like a damned film critic. Time to get back to the story.

I hope you enjoy reading about 67 years of happiness, depression, love and heartbreak.

When your reading this, I was you to consider what It would have been like. Remember the time when you were 13. Remember the first time you were blindly in love.

Remember the time you were young, and remember the time you wished you could have been young forever.

Michael Carter