2

"How unfair, it's just our love. Found something real that's out of touch."

               - Not about Angels, Birdy

"I don't see what the problem is," Bucky tells Steve. "You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know there's about three and a half million women here."

"I'd settle for just one." Steve sighs.

"Good thing we took care of that." I smile and wave at the girl waiting for us.

"What did you guys tell her about me?" Steve asks.

"Only the good stuff." Bucky reassures him.

Bucky wraps one arm around my waist and the four of us walk closer to the stages. There are lights everywhere, apparently the future is literally brighter in Howard Stark's eyes.

Most girls would swoon after seeing Stark, but I wasn't most girls. I wasn't particularly fond of him, he seemed too self conscious for my taste. Even if he was the richest man in New York.

"Ladies and gentleman! Mr. Howard Stark!" A Woman annonces him on stage, a row of peppy women walking around him and behind a fancy looking car. Howard kisses the woman before sending her behind the vehicle with the rest of them

What a prude.

Stark was dressed in an expensive looking tuxedo, and dabbing his face with a white cloth. "Ladies and gentleman! What if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground, at all?" Two of the women walk back around and remove the tires from the car.

I peek in his mind to find out the truth, and even he thought that this was a stretch. His mind wasn't like others, but not in a good way. He was obsessed with change.

"With Stark's Gravitic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that." He walks behind a control panel and slowly raises a lever. The car slowly gravitates up but only a few feet in the air.

"Holy cow." Bucky mutters, but I'm not as easily impressed. Soon enough there are sparks flying from the car and it plunges back to the ground.

"I did say a few years, didn't I?" Stark smiles, but nevertheless, the crowd still goes wild with applause.

"Steve, please tell me you don't believe this-" I turn around to Steve, but he isn't there anymore. Why would he leave? "Bucky." I nudge him.

He looks around above the rest of the people and his eyes set on something.

"I think I know where he went." He sighs disappointed. "Comeon." He grabs my hand and pulls us through the crowd.

I'm not sure where we're going until we approach a army recruiting building. He didn't....

I spot him standing in a uniform mirror and I stomp towards him, but Bucky steps in front of me.

"Hey, just let me talk to him. Just wait here." I wanna fight him, but I agree and wait for him while he walks to Steve.

I watch them carefully. Steve doesn't seem to be listening to anything Bucky is saying. I'm not sure what to do at this point, Steve is gonna get himself in a lot of trouble if he doesn't give this up.

After a minute, Bucky hugs him and he walks back over to me. "He listen?" I ask doubtfully.

"Nope." He says popping the p. "I'm gonna miss kicking ass to protect him." He laughs.

"Ah, you'll have plenty of ass to kick in London." I smirk. He brings his hand up to my face and brushes my cheek with his thumb.

"I'm gonna miss you too... Alexandra." He laughs, using my full name. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"You know I hate it when you call me that." I remind him.

"I know." He smirks playfully. "But, you love me."

"No I don't." I say childishly, looking away.

"Oh really?" He challenges, raising his eyebrows. "You're a terrible liar."

"Not lying." I say back folding my arms.

He bends his head down and gently kisses me. He takes me by surprise but I kiss him back. He pulls away but keeps our faces close together.

"What about now?" He asks. I smile and shake my head.

"Nope." I whisper.

He lets me go and kneels down on the ground. "What about now?" He asks, taking out a small box from his jacket.

He waits nervously for my reaction and opens the box. Inside is a small gold band ring. "I know you're the one I wanna spend the rest of my life with." I listen in on his thoughts and it actually shocks me.

He thinks I'm gonna say no.

I instantly bend down to his level grabbing the side of his face and kiss him. I hear his thoughts change and his body and mind are ecstatic. Like I would say no...

I break away for air and smile against his lips. "Yes, I love you." I nod happily.

"Thank god," He sighs, looking quite relieved. I laugh and he presses his lips to mine again.

"Always." I smile.

AN: I know it's really short, but next chapter will incorporate her and Steve getting their chances to fight. 

QOTD - Do you think Alex will be okay with Steve signing up to be a lab rat?