Chapter One: Dusty Attic Book

I sit in my room staring out the window. The sky is grey and the cold wind blows litter around across the street. The park is abandoned with no one in sight. The street is empty except for a few cars idling at a stop light, only to drive off a few seconds later.  

I just keep watching, I have nothing to do but sit here. None of my so called friends ever call to have me over and when I call them they are always busy.  I have already finished my homework. I'm tired of scrolling through facebook and window shopping on the internet.

So that leaves me here either watching the gloomy streets outside my window or drawing. I love to draw. You can't even see the  dull grey paint on my walls because of everything that covers them. I love drawing with crayons, the way the lines form, there are so many tones to shade with.  

I walk over to the desk in the corner of my room, I flip open the lid of my crayon box and pull out a bright green just as the doorbell rings. 

"Honey! Can you get that?" my mom yells from downstairs. 

"Why not" I mutter to myself walking down the stairs.

I open the door expecting some sort of fund-raising group or one of my moms friends, but instead I found Brittany one of those so called friends of mine. before I could even say hello she jumped into a story;

"Guess what I found Bella! I was at the library and Mrs.Fisher was getting rid of some old books from the libraries attic. Cleaning it out I guess. But she told me to take whatever I wanted from the pile and found this!" She shoves a book at me quite roughly.

"24 Crayons?" I ask reading the cover out loud. "Brittany you kno--"

"Ya! I know how you like crayons! And this book sounds cool read the back!" Brittany exclaims. I raise my eyebrows at her. "Oh come on Bella! Just try it!" she pushes.

"oh fine." I say giving in. Brittany gives me a hug before running back down the cold wet windy streets, her blonde curls bouncing all around under her pink pom-pom tuque.  

I read the back as I walk back to my room, and decide to start reading it tonight since I have nothing better to do. The book is covered in bust, I don't even know how I am supposed to read the back. I just toss it on my unmade bed. But for now I walk into the dinning room where the smells of  a spaghetti supper awaits me.

_______________________________________________________________________________-

This is the first chapter of my new story! The first few chapters are short until I get into the story don't worry it gets better.  Please comment what you think! What do you think the book Bella received is about? Any predictions? Comment and vote! The next chapter is coming soon because I already have it written! Thanks!

~Lisa