Chapter 3: The Monster

Edited (not grammar/ spelling): 12/27

 Cade Ramsey

Chapter 3: The Monster

            My head pounded slightly as I rolled off of my bed, not bothering to even try to get on my feet. There was a small pile of clothes and pillows that I made for moments like these, that and the fact that I was too lazy to pick up my room. Everywhere else was spotless in the little apartment but the room down the hall two doors to the left was my domain and no one else ever entered, no need to clean if it was only for me.

            Once I was laying comfortably on the floor I took a chance and sat up, leaning my back against the cool, hard bed frame. From there I hesitantly pushed myself up and onto my feet before I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a sweatshirt and yoga pants. Carefully I pulled off my clothing from the night before and tossed it into my pile before yanking on the more comfortable option and making my way to the bathroom.

            The hallway was empty and nothing seemed amiss until I made it to the door and could hear the shower running. To say I had a miniature heart attack was an understatement and, being the dumb girl I am, pushed my way into the steamy room. I considered my choices at the matter and decided to act like the main person in a horror movie and “go towards the noise”, after I popped my pills and brushed my teeth.

            Tasting the heavy flavor of mint in my mouth and realizing I should have eaten before I took the medicine I had downed I slowly walked out of the room but I left the door wide open. Inside the kitchen I grabbed a bagel and didn’t bother to do anything to it before shoving it down my throat and making my way into the living room where Niall and Liam were sleeping on the floor. Just then I realized that I hadn’t handled the whole some-one-is-in-my-shower incident as the water cut.

            Maybe it was because I was hung over from the night before but all the little things that would have completely freaked out sober me, sick me, and basically every other time I would be placed in the situation. I blinked hard and planned on waking up the boys if it was some sort of crazed intruder who liked to take showers in their victim’s house before killing them or stealing from them. When I realized that I wasn’t alone and I had two burly boys to protect me, or at least give me enough time to run it made me feel a bit better.

            At that moment I realized that I was crazy and my stupidly alcohol filled body was making bad mistake after bad mistake. I should have high tailed it out of the house as soon as I heard the pitter patter of water and screamed my head off when I came around to two boys sleeping with my handmade blanket thrown carelessly over them, the things you don’t expect to happen every day. I was seriously a lunatic, plus it was days before Christmas and I had one thing picked out for Karly.

            After I got my mind around my stupid choices and idiocy I realized it was probably just Harry in the shower and I was going to have to go to a mental ward, one where a drink couldn’t be seen for miles. It took a few more minutes to sink into my head that I was perfectly fine but once it did I took a moment to admire the boys sleeping, they were quite adorable, however they have to be the first people I’ve ever seen sleeping as cute.

            “Cade,” Harry whispered as he stepped out of the bathroom dressed in his clothes from the night before.

            “What do you want?” I hesitantly replied peeking down the corridor.

            “Food,” He said with a grin.

            I rolled my eyes and showed him the way into the kitchen before making my way to the boys on the floor and kicking each of them in the side. I wasn’t nice enough to give them their precious time to sleep, mostly because I wanted the trio out of my hair.