Chapter 4: All I Want for Christmas is You

Cade Ramsey

Chapter 4: All I Want for Christmas is You

            It was Christmas Day when our relationship finally came out. I posted a picture I had taken with him days before and captioned it: Christmas with the best BF ever!!! He posted another where we were both making silly faces and made it look like we were together, when, in fact, we were both halfway across the world from each other. How no one actually figured this out was beyond me.

            Niall and I had been hanging out as often as we could leading up to the days of our inevitable relationship. As we talked and hung out together the more I began to like him. We were unnaturally similar; he hated cheese, didn’t do laundry, loved all the old Christmas movies, and even had an unnatural attraction towards the color blue. It was a match sent from heaven, but I think we both knew deep down that our fabricated relationship wouldn’t go anywhere beyond friends.

            I put my phone down for a second and eyed Jack, he was just turning 16 and I would have to come back home in less than a month for his “sweet sixteen” my grandma was forcing him to have. She even had one for me, however it was just the three of us and Emma eating a little cake with all the current pop music playing in the background. It was really much more fun than any big party she could have planned.

            Back when I was an up and coming artist at 16 I still had time to come back home and visit often, but now I could rarely catch a break to see anyone. When I did I would choose to go and hang out with Emma, my only real Hollywood friend, because it was too much of a hassle to take the trip out to the Middle-of-Nowhere, USA. My grandma missed me and it was easy enough to tell.

            The day I turned 19 was the first birthday I wasn’t able to celebrate at home. Half of the reason I had to return when I turned 16 was to pick up my permit to drive and then I practiced and took lessons out in LA. When I finally got my license I also took a trip back to drive my grandma around and gloat about the happening.

            I never actually graduated from Hudsonville High, I left the middle of freshman year and began taking lesson out in my new place. There were lots of younger celebrities there; it was almost like the Palm Woods School in the TV show Big Time Rush. The only difference was that it was actually legitimate.

            “Hey, Cade get out of la-la land and talk to me!” Jack said snapping his fingers in front of my face, trying to be as obnoxious as he could.

            “What do you want Jackson?” I smiled placing my cell phone on the table, the lock screen background of Niall and me was brightly etched in the light.

            Jack took a second to take in the picture, his brown hair that was the same shade as mine was flying across his forehead and covered a small portion of his eyes. From what I could understand he was a looker in the little town. My grandma told me one night when he had long gone to bed that all the girls were fawning over him and she was beginning to worry about him.

            In a place where blondes seemed to dominate the market his hair and brown eyes were exotic. I was kind of taken aback when my grandma even confided in me that she knew he had been having sex and couldn’t talk to him about it. It would have been too awkward for her to bring up and she just couldn’t do it. I knew she was implying for me to bring it up with him, but I really and utterly didn’t want to.

            Jack took out his iPhone and unlocked it quickly before going on Instagram. He knew it was my favorite type of social media and it was the one account I could actually manage. No one else knew my password so my stupid managers and others couldn’t go meddling in my affairs with my fans. Only once did I ever let them post something and it was because I wanted a picture of me with a tree so they had to take it.