Chapter 13

Ciara's POV

A week later...

The wind blew at peace, making me close my eyes slightly as I stood there. It was eerily quiet here even during the day with cars and people around, almost like in a tuned out kind of way. Almost like being in a dream I guess.

I bent down, grazed at the engraved letters on the gravestone. Felt my fingers lightly sink into the chiseled dents that spelled out his name.

Jake Daniel Martin.

My chin began to quiver at the thought of me meeting him, like this.

He didn't deserve this, I thought as I blinked back the hot tears that were dwelling in my eyes. He didn't deserve any of this.

"Hi Jake." I murmured, trying to smile in a motive to make him see I'm alright.

I waited for a few seconds, hoping I'd hear his warm voice engulf the surrounding.

But nothing happened. I accepted that and looked at his gravestone. It had been a month since he left. Since I last gazed into his perfect blue eyes. Everyday seems like another day away from the last time I felt his embrace. His embrace, that'll I'll never feel again.

I let tears escape my eyes. It was unbearable, the pain in my chest grew much stronger with every breath I took. I remember how he used to accompany me for a sad romantic movie and used to tease me whenever I cried during it. He used to call me a cry baby, and burst out laughing. But then, when I'd be sulking after that, he'll joke about the most randomest thing he could find. And I'll smile again.

It's like I feel him calling me 'cry baby' now. As if I could hear his voice, mixed with the whistling sound of the wind around me.

"I'll always be a cry baby Jake." I said, chuckling, my eyes still filled with tears. It was impossible to believe how someone so close to you, could suddenly be so far away from your reach. And you feel so helpless that you can't bring 'em back, to tell them how much you loved them. How much it's hard for you now. How much you miss their every little thing, their scent, their smile, their voice, and most of all, them being around.

Remembering the day at the airport once again, hoping I had the powers to somehow rewind the time. When I was in his arms, when his lips were still on mine, when our heartbeats were in sync, when I had the time. To stop him, to keep him safe from going forever.

"How can I let you go?" I said between soft sobs, "Please. Tell me its all a really bad dream. Tell me, that I'll wake up after a few minutes to find you right beside my bedside, calling my name."

I cried. Cried for him, for me and to feel a little less heavier.

He'll never return.

I know that fact. But, he'll always be someone who taught me how to love life. How to live life, how to stand up for oneself.

After wiping some tears away from the back of my hand, I placed a white tulip over his grave.

Smiling, I said, "Happy Birthday Jake."

Tearing my eyes away from his name, I stood up. Suddenly, the breeze seemed colder, it made me shiver. I bit my lip and turned back. I swear I could hear him calling me towards him, somehow, It took me everything to move forward. I couldn't look back now, or else I'll never recover.

I had to live my life now. I had to live, for my family, for the memories that are waiting for me, and I had to live, for Jake.

*****

A/N: Please vote/ comment/ fan.

Thank you to those who are still intact with the story. I appreciate it with all my heart. :)