Chapter 10

Ciara's POV

"Yeah." Nathan replied.

I don't know what exactly happened. I had been driving and suddenly a car ran over my car, sending mine crashing down to the sidewalk. Then, someone, I guess Nathan, had taken me out of my car abruptly and now I was lying in his arms. I shifted in an attempt to get down, which Nathan helped by putting me down. I ran a hand through my tousled hair, and looked up at Nathan. The look on his face told me that he wasn't going to say anything, so I started.

"Um, thank you. For a-"

"No, don't thank me. I'm sorry." He said, cutting me off. "I mean, I'm sorry cause I'm the one who, ran over your car." He said, looking away.

"Oh." I didn't have anything else to say. Actually, I can't quite tell if I was mad at the guy for hitting my vehicle and nearly killing me or should I be grateful that he pulled me out and saved me.  People  had started gathering around us, and an officer came by to check on us. I said it was fine and that I was okay. Nathan kept shut the whole time. We cleared the main the road and were now standing by the side walk. Some generous chap had my car parked by it. Nathan still wasn’t speaking. I don’t know what to say now, but I couldn’t just stand there and gape at him. Just as when I was about to speak, he spoke.

"I didn't mean to, I mean I didn't see the red light, and I-" But I cut him off this time.

"No no no, it's okay. At least you helped. Thank you for that." I said, managing a small smile. But I guess, that wasn't that convincing because he got a bit cheesed off.

"I should've been more careful. I feel terrible." He said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Please don't." I said. "I'm fine, see? I guess its okay when nobody gets harmed." Nope, didn't convince the guy.

“But you could have! I could have harmed you.” He said, looking at me straight in the eye. His gaze was strong; I couldn’t ignore the glint of concern in them.  His eyes remained calm, even if he was well, not. Something about them reminded me of Jake. I don’t know why, I couldn’t just keep on looking at them.

“Nathan, it’s okay. I’m fine.” I said, averting my gaze and raising a hang up to give a little massage to my now aching forehead.

“What’s that?” He asked, reaching up to grasp my raised arm.

“What’s what?” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and followed his gaze down to the back of my elbow.

“You’re hurt!” He said, looking at me. Hurt? I didn’t even know I got hurt. Well, I now do and it kind of stings due to its exposure to the air.

Nathan grabbed my arm firmly and led me to his car. Not knowing what to do, I just went along with him. He opened the door of the passenger’s side and made me sit there.  Then, he came over to the driver’s side and took out a box like thing from under the seat, which seemed like a first aid box. Wait, why was he doing this?

“Nathan, it’s not necessary, really.” I insisted.

He looked up at me from the small bandage he was unwinding and gestured for me to keep shut. I don’t know but I did what he told me to. I watched his every move, like how he cleaned the dried up blood from my wound, which well made me wince.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered and I just shook my head to let him know it was fine.

He wrapped the bandage around my elbow and sanitized his hands before closing the box and shoving it below the driver’s seat again.

“Thanks.” I said as he started the engine and was now pulling away from the place. He doesn’t say anything after that. He just stares straight ahead at the road. I wait for him to speak but no, he doesn’t. Getting tired, I ask, “Where are we going?”