Chapter 1: Snowy Day

A/N: This story is my own interpretation of what I wish had happened in Aphmau's Mystreet series
****************
Late on a cold winter's night, somewhere far up high, the first snowflakes of the season were beginning to freeze. They floated softly down, and stuck to trees, houses, sidewalks, and finally the road. As more snow began to fall, it piled up, eventually building up to become 5 feet deep in some places. It was record breaking snowfall for the town of Mystreet.
--------
     I open my eyes to the feeling of something wet on my face. What..is this stuff? I think groggily. I bring my hand to my face, and in doing so I brush against something furry on my chest. Everything makes sense now.
     "Celestia!" I whisper shout at my dog, trying not to wake my housemates. Carefully, I lift her off of me and set her down on my bed, where she curls up and falls asleep.
     I place my feet in my super cute and fluffy Pusheen slippers, and trudge to the bathroom to wash my face. Turning on the faucet, I look around as I wait for the water to warm up, and look outside. Something seems...different.
     I look through the bathroom window carefully. I see the neighbor's house, nothing out of the ordinary there. I edge closer to the window and peer down into the yard, and it's nothing but crisp whiteness. Snow! I shout in my mind.
     I quickly wash the dog slobber of my face. My mind starts racing as I imagine all the possibilities for today. Building a snowman! Snowball fights! Hot chocolate! Snow angels! But, how much did it actually snow? Enough to do all those things? I hope so. I stand at the window by my bed, and I vaguely wonder how much the delay on a package I had ordered will be, as I look at the mailbox. But I don't see a mailbox. Or really anything else for that matter. So it snowed at least 3 feet? Or however tall a mailbox is. I tip toe as gently as I can out of my room.
     The first thing I notice is Kawaii-Chan's door being open. That's odd, it's only 7:30, why would she be up so early? I stand there in confusion. Oh right she had a sleepover at Michi's. I guess she's stuck there for a few days. Poor KC, I hope Michi doesn't drive her crazy. So that means it's just me and-
      Katelyn comes out of her room and sees me on the steps.
     "Oh hey Aphmau," she says, "It snowed last night you know, the forecast says it's 5 feet in some places"
     "Oh wow," I exclaim, "That's a lot of snow"
     "No duh!" Katelyn snorts, "I think we're going to be stuck here for a while."
     "Yeah I guess. Well I'm going to go make breakfast and then I'll text the guys later to see how they're doing." I step back to let her go down the steps first, and she nods in thanks. As Katelyn passes by, I feel something inside of me. The birth of a new feeling that wasn't there before. She looks...beautiful, even though she's only wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, nothing fancy, maybe it's something about the lighting an-
     "Coming?" Katelyn's voice interrupts my thoughts.
     "Oh, uh, yeah." I mumble as I follow her down the steps. Real smooth Aph, what are you thinking? She's one of your best friends. Whatever you're thinking it should stop. But...a thought never hurt anyone, right? I shake my head to clear it, and follow Katelyn into the kitchen.