Chapter 2

Pepe is driving and I'm eating my nails.

"Don't be nervous, it's impossible they don't choose you." Says Pepe, giving me a look.

"Thank you, but I'm nervous anyway."

Pepe Barroso is my best friend and a good spy. He is 19 and also one of the youngest. Her hair is brown like mine, his eyes are blue and I have a little crush on him. He has lived in our organization since he was 3 years old, when all his family died in an accident. I remember when Mr.Smith arrived with him. I was also 3 years old and I had never been with other children. His beauty was angelical and we became best friends.

"I wish you could infiltrate with me." I say.

He looks at me and I try to make him notice my nerves with my eyes. Then he looks at the road again.

"Well, I'm supposed to tell you this only if I get picked, but I see you're so nervous..."

I look at him surprised.

"I'm also going to infiltrate there, I'll be your mission companion."

"Really?!" I shout excited.

He laughs. "But it's your mission, so you'll be my boss."

"You'll have to do what I want."
I hit his arm with my fist.

"Okay, now that you're more relaxed, focus on your interview. They'll probably ask you to show them what you can do." He warns me.

"I know."

"Do you remember what you have to say?" He asks.

"Yes. And you?" I look at him.

"Of course." He laughs.

"You're too used to being the one who rules..." I mumble.

This is the first time I'm not wearing my uniform, my black leather pants and my black leather jacket. We are both wearing casual clothes. I'm wearing a short skirt (and pants over my underwear, just in case it's windy) and a white T-shirt. We wait in a room until a woman with an elegant dress comes towards me.

"Martina Stone, right?" The woman asks me.

"Yes" I answer.

That's my fake last name. It's safer to have my real first name, because I'm used to it.

"Follow me." She says.

I stand up and start following her. I give a last worried look at Pepe. He smiles and winkles his eye, and that calms me.

"Here it is." The woman says pointing the door with her hand. "Mr. Blanco is waiting for you."

I hesitate for a moment and then I knock the door. Nobody answers a and I look at the woman.

"Just go in" She whispers.

I open the door carefully. I see a man in a black suit, with brown hair and hazel eyes, sitting in an armchair behind his desk. He looks young, but older than me. He is really handsome, and scary in this moment.

"Miss Stone, please take a seat." He says kindly.

I sit down and look at his nameplate 'Mr. Blanco.'

"My name is Jorge Blanco, I'll ask you some questions and then you'll have to do a physical test."

I remain quiet on my seat, looking at him. This is the man I have to kill, I have a lump in the throat.

"Okay, so, where were you trained?" He asks.

"I've always loved Karate. When I was a child I started going to classes, but now I know Karate, Kung-fu and Kik Boxing. I learned it in a gym near my house." I reply.

"Are you good at it?" He asks.

"I think so, I'm a black belt." I reply, trying not to look vain.

"Why do you want to work for the government?"

I look down. He is liar. I can't let him trick me.

"Because I want to use my habilites to help people." I answer.

"So you are in the right place." He smiles.

"This job is not a hobby. It is a big responsibility, you'll have to fight and your life will be in danger many times. Are you sure you're ready?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm not afraid of death. I really want to help people." I say confidently.

"Okay, this is enough. Now I need you to show me your fighting habilites." He stands up. "Come with me."

I stand up too and follow him throw another door in the other side of the room. There is a long corridor. He puts his hand on a screen and an iron door opens. It is a big gym.

"Three people will come here to fight with you and you have to beat them." He says.

I start sweating a bit.
"If I don't beat them three, won't you hire me?" I ask nervous.

"I don't know. It'll be my decision." He answers. "Do you want some clothes to fight?" He says looking at my outfit.

"No, I can do it. I'm wearing shorts."
I take off my skirt and leave it on a bench.

"Go there" He points the center of the ring.

I go and wait. I hear a bell ringing
and a girl with a tight long ponytail appears. Suddenly she starts fighting. I fight her. It is not difficult. I make her an arm lock and she falls on the ground.

"Next" Jorge says.

The girl leaves and the bell rings again. Now it is another girl, but taller and with more muscles. I look so tiny in front of her. We fight for two minutes, this is one is more difficult. She almost makes me fall, but finally I make her a top wrist lock and she falls.

"Next" Says Jorge again.
I look at him. He looks impressed.

Now a man comes. He is tall and strong. I don't think I'll be able to beat him. We fight for five minutes, I won't let him beat me that easy, but my locks doesn't work, he is too strong. I almost make him fall, but he regains balance and pushes me down. He wins.

"Enough" Jorge says. "Come here Miss Stone."

I go and take my skirt.

"We'll call you soon."

I really enjoy writing this story, but I have no comments and views😟 please tell me if you like it