Chapter 6: The Battle of a lifetime

****** Hailey's P.O.V ********

My eyes suddenly went big. I walked into the school and I was watching something unfold.

Jess was talking to Ms.Gades and he took out a bottle,and poured out some stuff in her face and ran off in the opposite direction!

I quickly ran to her and she had a green face,and she needed help quick. "Please! Someone help her!! Anybody!" I screamed out loud, and the nurse quickly ran up to her and looked down at the teacher who was clearly in pain.

"Clearly,this is some kind of deadly disease from a deadly kind of plant called sondameridia. It was quickly spread in the 1800's but it disappeared. I'm afraid to say that we are all in danger now." she said finishing with a big breath.

Jess....... I knew it was too horrid to be true,but now I wasn't sure.I quickly ran down the hallway to find Jess as the school quickly evacuated. I needed to end this now.....for good.

I kept on running ignoring the people trying to stop me from going deeper into the heart of the school and further away from the safety of the outside.

I heard constant footsteps and I dropped my backpack in the trash can for good measures so it would be easier to run,and to not take any chances with the disease.

I realized that the school has been cleared out completely except for Jess and me and I was scared that I was afraid to catch the disease but I would take the chance.

My shoes echoed all out in the hallway. I slowly approached the girls bathroom and I slowly hid in one if the stalls and held on to the doors in case he decided to open them to see if I was hiding.

"I know your in here Hailey." I heard Jess's voice ring out into the room. "Don't bother hiding. I heard your shoes in the hallway." he said,and by the sound of his voice I knew he was smirking.

I could probably imagine him right now,his hair all messed up and in his face,but he could still see through with his cold,blue icy eyes. He was probably looking around,waiting for me to surrender with the deadly disease firmly in his hand.

I then heard him enter the girls bathroom. And to think he even had any manners at all. I suddenly heard one of the bathroom doors being kicked open.

I heard them one by one and I was the last stall. Think....think....... I grabbed onto the stall where he couldn't see my hand and hung on,hoping that my plan would save me and get me out of this mess.

Suddenly my door flew open. My back collided with the wall and it threw my head back, making a cracking sound. I wanted to scream so bad,but that would ruin my plan and Jess would surely know that I was hiding in here.

I heard a disappointing grunt and then his footsteps fading out into the opposite direction. I quickly did a silent scream and I felt tears slowly fall down my cheek. I was scared and hurt,and I hoped that I would end this soon.

I came out of the stall slowly and headed out the opposite direction I heard Jess go and I looked out of one of the school windows and I saw kids out there and then they spotted me.

I ran as fast as I could to the doors and I tried to open them but they were closed for good. The kids outside were looking inside behind me and screamed. I suddenly heard footsteps heading out in my direction......Jess.

I screamed and I guess I shouldn't have because then the footsteps just came faster and faster. I ran down a hallway and I heard that his footsteps were as near as ever. He could run faster than me because he went in track. Why didn't i do it when I had the chance!?!?!

I suddenly had a hand over my mouth and was pulled into a janitors closet. I blacked out and I was terrified. What if it was Jess? I felt the lights go on me and I was on some sort of bed.

I saw someone in the corner and he had hot tea in his hand and was making me some. This could definitely not be Jess. "Who are you?" I screamed at him but he just covered my mouth to prevent it.

"Hello. My name's Greg,and I am the janitor." he said as he once again removed his hand from my mouth. "Why did you help me? How do you know? Why-" "So many questions child." he said with a soft smile.

"Do you know who I am Hailey?" he said looking at me. "You never really met me because I was always on business trips to work for your mom's cure." he said seeing if I knew what he was talking about.

"What are you talking about? I don't know you Greg." I said. I've never heard about him and how did he know about my mom? "This may be a little shocking and you will probably not think that it's true." he said.

"Go ahead and throw it at me." I said crossing my arms and waiting to hear his crazy thought that he wanted to share with me. "Hailey................" He said,"I'm your father."