Chapter 19

I pass by Danielle, Liam and Alexandra. I ask Niall to show me the way and we enter a room where Zayn was half asleep. "M-Maite...come...please..."

"Zayn! Are you okay?" I asked. Tears in my voice

"I...Don't leave me."

"I won't Zayn..."

"Please...I'm going to die...I feel it"

"No! Don't say that! Zayn, you have a long life to live. Lots of people care and love you. Don't say that!"

"I...I've been sick for a while...doctors back in the US say that...I only had a few years left of life. Remember that time I fainted while we were training?"

I remember how Zayn once had fallen from a high trainee building. We were supposed to climb a wooden building and 'rescue' a dummy that was placed up there. Me and Zayn were paired up for that activity and I remember that was where I had fallen in love with him. He had fainted and we took him to a doctor. I was there with him and that had been the first time we had kissed. I was almost 9 and he was about to turn 13...

"How could I forget? That was the first time we had kissed. The day I fell in love with you..."

"Well, I had frequent headaches after that fall. My mother took me to a doctor and he found light brain damages. He predicted I had about 6 to 7 years of life left. I dedicated those 7 years to you..."

"But...Why didn't you tell me?"

"I guess...I wasn't ready to tell anyone..."

"No...Zayn...That's not possible...please...I need you..."

"For what? You don't love me anymore..."

"I do...I love you! Just not in that way!"

"See? But I'm not going to force you to do anything. I just wanted to tell you that I love you..."

After those words, his eyes closed and he lost grip on my hand.

"Zayn!! No!! Please!!! Don't leave me!!"

I start to pull on him...Niall and Harry pull me away while a nurse comes in and checks his heart rate. "He's still alive..."

"Really?! Oh my God! Thank you!!" I said. I closed my eyes

"I think it would be best for you guys to take him to a specialist. I'll be handing you guys directions to locations to which you guys can take him." The nurse told us

"Okay...Maite...go back to Danielle and Liam. We'll be taking Zayn to the hotel first and then...we'll come back for you and Danielle and Liam. Everything's gonna be okay baby..." Niall told me

I broke down. Niall pulled me into a hug. I let everything out on him. I knew I shouldn't be doing that. Harry was watching and I didn't want to mess with Niall's feelings. I gave him a light kiss on the cheek and did the same with Harry. "Thanks you guys. There are two other people to whom I wanna talk to..."

"Okay. We'll be back in 15 minutes..." Harry told me

"Okay."

I walk out into the waiting room and find Sandy and Joline.

"How's your friend?" Joline asked me

"Fine...thanks..." I said

"Is he going to be okay?" Sandy asked

"Yeah...We're going to take him to a specialist."

"Um...I didn't want to listen to what you guy were talking about but I sort of heard that you and Zayn were...dating..."