Epilogue

The fighting lasted another six months after the first Guard boots touched the soil of Galveston Eight. Suffering minimal losses thanks to the enemies' disorganization and preoccupation with one another, but it still took time to ferret out the last pockets of resistance. Within the year, the Imperium had sent workers to mine the precious minerals necessary in the making of propellants for the Astartes bolt rounds.

Deep in the jungle where the fighting had been fiercest, spread along a line of several kilometers, there were found the bodies of six space marines in blackened armor. Their left pauldrons emblazoned with the golden "I" of the inquisition, while their right carried the colors of various chapters.

Each body was carried with great reverence and interred within the base of a monument erected in their honor in the center of the planet's capitol (which was just the biggest of the mining towns, a few hundred citizens, though they were buried with the ceremony and opulence befitting kings).

Production continuedafter the ceremony of the bodies' internment, though all of the mining campshad ceased production to honor the fallen god-like Astartes. The war continuedbecause...in the grim, dark future of the 41st millennium...there isonly war.