More answers more questions

……………………. “You want me to go to that huge Ball with you?” I paced the floor in front of him

“I do” he nodded with a smile

“But it’s all the… and no offense here” I stopped pacing and looked at him “Rich snobs of the city with more money that sense” I huffed “I’m going to stand out like a sore thumb” I rubbed my temples “Are you sure we can’t just go to a ball game”

“Why are you fretting” he laughed “You go to parties with these people all the time” he reached forward and caught my hands “I know I’ve seen you there”

‘Okay I crash those parties I’ve never been invited to one” His thumbs rubbed the back of my hands warming as they did

“Well now you’re invited to one and you’ve been invited by me” He pulled me to the bed and sat me down again the box still in-between us

“What about if your Father’s there?”

“He’s on business he left as I came in… Unfortunately I cannot say the same for my brothers but they cannot sense what you are” he was trying to sound reassuring

‘No but you said I look the same as I did back then” I swallowed the feeling of wanting to throw up. I wasn’t sure if it was because I was nervous to go or nerves because Seth had asked me to go with him.

“It’s a Masquerade ball” he let go of my hands “Open the package” I got off the bed and got a pair of scissors from one of my draws and nicked the tape allowing me to pull the rest open. Everything inside was wrapped carefully in black tissue paper a small package was on the top wrapped in newspaper that was yellowed with age. I looked at him “Go ahead” he chuckled.

I reached in and lifted it gentle. It was easy to see that the print was Italian I started to unwrap whatever was inside it. The Name of the Newspaper came into sight ‘GAZETTE DI VENEZIA’ I looked to the date ‘MARTEDI 14 MAGGIO 1883’

“It’s from Venice” I jumped at the sound of Seth’s voice “as you can see it’s wrapped as it was when it was delivered”

“Okay I didn’t do Italian in school” I looked at him

“Monday May fourteenth 1883” he smiled

“A month before…” I trailed off as I watched his face drop. The paper fluttered to the floor in my hands was a beautifully ornate Masquerade Mask in cream with pale blues and gold’s making patterns to a leaf/feather type of design over the right eye “Wow” I was literally blown away by it I looked at Seth “It’s incredible”

“They make the world’s most amazing masks in Venice” his smile was back “May I?” he held out his hand as he got to his feet I handed him the mask “Okay let’s see” he offered me his other hand and pulled me to my feet turning me away from his as he did so he moved his arms round me and held the mask to my face “Can you just hold it while I tie it?” I put my hands up and held the mask as he quickly tied it off and turned me back to him. “Take a look but you look…” he moved out of the way so I could look in the mirror I walked over to the mirror over the dresser. I swallowed you couldn’t recognize that it was me under it “So what do you think” Seth’s Face appeared behind me as I looked at him through the mirror “Only I shall know who you are… I promise you we will have a good time”

“Okay” I nodded “I’d better start looking for something to go with this” I pointed to the mask

“Well I have something else for you” he reached up and untied the mask he took a step back “all I ask is you don’t ask me right now where it came from other than Paris” I frowned at him “Please” he begged