La Mala Hora

La Mala Hora is a scary urban legend from the folklore of New Mexico.The name means The Evil Hour or The Evil One it is also known as La Mala, La malorga or The Evil-Doer.La Mala Hora is said to be a wicked spirit or an evil demon that wanders the lonely country roads after midnight and terrorizes those who travel alone. It usually lurks in the darkness at crossroads, waiting for an unwary travelor to cross its path. According to some, it is more feared than the devil. It first appears as a large, black lump constantly moving and changing shape. It can also change size rapidly, growing larger and smaller. They say it looks like a ghostly black shroud or a large black cotton ball. Anyone who is umfortunate enough to set eyes on this demon runs the risk of being driven insane it tries to hypnotize and paralyze anyone who happens to encounter it at night when it suddenly rushes towards the unwary, envelopes him amd suffocates him. The following morning, the poor wretch is found dead at the side of the road, so basically if you encounter her at crossroads,it usually means that you or somebody you know is going to die.if you talk about this in new mexico with someone they will refuse to talk about it and just reply "Es cosa mala!" Which means "its an evil thing!"