Chapter 4

The third time. That was the third realm he visited and yet he never got to the world he was looking for. Maybe the Grim was right? Maybe death was inevitable. Or was he just doing something wrong? He doubted it. Nevertheless he read through the Ashanti text once more.

A clear mind, he read, a mind devoid of any problems or psychological distress, was needed to perform the rituals correctly. Was his mind clear? He wasn't sure.

If it wasn't, what could he do about it? And if it was then the Grim was right. He could never evade death. He would have to just continue living his life miserably until he finally met it. No, no, he couldn't live like that. It was enough.

Raymond didn't realize how he got to the kitchen until he was already holding the knife. This was the only way. In order to conquer a fear you have to meet it head on, he thought. And with that he pierced his chest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bright light forced him to open his eyes and he was greeted by a warm sun and a perfectly blue sky. He raised his head and saw that he was lying in a meadow of the most beautiful flowers he had ever seen in his life. A distance away was a rushing stream, mountains, trees of every kind and the chirping of birds which sounded like a harmonious melody. Raymond stood up and breathed in the sweetest substance he had ever tasted- it was the air. In this moment he was sure of only one thing: immortality.