Chapter 2

Disclaimer:I do not own Naruto or this story would be true

"So, now he knows."

"I will make sure Ibiki tortures every possible bit of information out of Mizuki for this."

"Let him know I'm ready to help."

"I'm putting Naruto on your team."

"Hmm... I'm sure you can count, Lord Hokage."

"I know what I'm doing, don't get cute with me Kakashi."

"Sorry, Lord Hokage."

"If even you're disrespecting me, I shudder to think what everyone thinks of this old man."

____________________

"We did it, Aiko. We're genin." Sasuke gave his sister a genuine smile, and she returned it from her favorite seat on their couch. The apartment they lived in now was at the outskirts of the Uchiha compound. Although it was their right, neither could bear living in the main family home.

"You're the top rookie of the year, congratulations." Aiko's tone was happy, but it lacked life, the life his sister used to have. It hurt Sasuke, as always, to hear her like this. Sure she interacted with him, but it wasn't the same Aiko. Itachi, their own brother had ruined her.

'I'll make you pay for this, Itachi.'

"I'm sorry if I'm not the same Sasuke, I've tried hard all these years." Aiko said softly, shocking him that she could read him so easily.

Sasuke replied softly, "You're still my sister, and I still love you."

"Do you think I've been foolish, all these years...? Not talking to anyone... driving everyone but you away..."

"I've done the same."

"I know quite a few girls who would say otherwise, they're draw to you."

"They're annoying, that's all they are."

Aiko came over and sat by him, and she slowly engulfed him in a hug, "Thank you, Sasuke." She mumbled into his shoulder.

Sasuke patted her back awkwardly, "I haven't done anything."

"You've been my brother, that's more than enough." Aiko pulled away, her eyes were wet, but she was smiling. Feeling his gaze on her, she gave a little laugh that cracked into a choked sob. "I'm being silly, when we're placed on teams I can't act like this with everyone."

Teams. It made Sasuke angry that he might be split from Aiko, the only one in his class he really cared about. Plus, if they weren't on the same team how could he be sure she was safe? How could he look out for her? The last bit of family he had... and he might lose her because she was placed on a team with idiots.

Aiko saw Sasuke's darkening expression and playfully flicked his ear, bringing him back like she knew it would. "No reason to get moody... Sasu."

"I told you not to call me that," Sasuke attempted halfheartedly, but Aiko could see his smile.

"Yet I still do it, don't I?"

____________________

Naruto couldn't stop grinning, he had passed. Against all odds he had passed... and he contained the Kyuubi within him. His grin lessened, and Iruka-sensei had gotten hurt saving him.

His grin faded, Iruka-sensei was alright at least, and the medic had fixed him up in a few minutes although he had quite a few bandages. He assured Naruto that he didn't blame him, even though Naruto knew the whole ordeal was his fault.