Memories

CHAPTER TWO

Aaral

Sunday | 10:00 AM |

      Alone. Here I am, in bed, with the house to myself. I felt so lonely. Inside a house like mine, it was so big you could here your own echoes. No one seemed to here my echoes. I guess you could call them, 'Echoes of Silence.' My parents are currently at church. I think it's pathetic that they go to seperate churches. But they are different ethnicities. My mom is a hindu, and my father is a buddhist. Here I am, standing alone, believeing in God.

I just started to reflect on my life. Good and bad memories flooded through my mind.

I remember when I first started highschool. I started out liking it, until I met Zack, and Carressa.

That's when I nearly lost my sanity, and my so called 'friends'. Life became depressing, mundane, superfluous, and worthless.

I remember always acting as if I were sick, or had a great amount of pain in my body, so my mother would give me pain killers. She was so absent minded, and gave me up to 5 pills. But, they didn't work, so I thought about cutting myself. I just gave up, and decided to keep living my worthless life.

My life was hell. I was nothing. I was irrelevant. I didn't stand up for myself. Everyone looked down on me. I was judged. I was insecure. I was an outcast, an outsider. I wasn't me.

Until I befriended Nature.

Nature couldn't judge me. It couldn't speak, nor embrace me. But it's presence was all I desired. It comforted me, It stayed even when I said, "GO!" Even when I screamed, shouted, or cursed upon its name. I found the beauty of nature. And my world began to mend.

I gave up on boys after Zack. I thought boys were useless, pigs, greedy, too nanchalant, , spurious, and all the same.

3 years ago~

"Are you going to kiss him today?" Carressa asked.

"Oh, heavens NO! I could't possibly lose my virginity already Ress! It's only been three weeks for goodness sakes!" I explained.

"Virginity? No Ral! I'm not telling you to lose your innocence to the boy! You're so lame, just be bold and do it!" she exclaimed.

"Um. . . well, ok? I guess. I mean you think I should, and your a great friend! Therefore, you wouldn't purposely lead me in the wrong direction." I said.

"Right Ral. I'm telling you this, because I think you're ready to have an experience of something! Just be bold, surprise him. Boys totally love surprises!" She smirked.

"Ok, ok , OK! I get it Ress! See ya later!" I shouted as I left from the lockers.

Later that day: Waiting Outside

I was waiting for my mother to pick me up, so I was waiting outside texting away on my phone.

I suddenly hear someone behind me. I, being the Intrepid girl, ignored it. I soon felt hot breath on my neck, I knew that aroma all too well. It was, of course, Zack.

I look at him with questioning eyes. 'Boys like surprises' Caressa's voice boomed in my head.

"So are you gonna kiss me, or what?" I asked brazenly.

His eyes bulged out of his eye sockets. He then looked at his shoes, then stared at me. My heart rate increased, my hands began to sweat, My eyes watered. my throat tightened up.

'Does he not want to kiss me?' 

'Am I ugly?' 

' Are my lips chapped?' 

Childish antics began in my head. I didn't even notice him leaning in with his eyes closed, and lips puckered. This is it. I wanted to back out, because this wasn't what I really wanted. I didn't want to kiss him, but Carressa said this is what I needed. I was about to run, but it was too late. He had already kissed me.

PRESENT

It's the small things you reflect on later in life, then start to regret. But I always regretted that specific altercation. I hate to say it, but that's life. We live to sin and make mistakes, so we can learn from them. I used to hate those to with every aching bone in my damn body. But, I got over it, and learned to deal with all the unnecesary things they put me through. My life wasn't too bad, because guess who was there for me?

N A T U R E.

A/N: I'm terribly sorry if this chapter didn't make a lack of sense. It was a filler. However, the next chapter will be on the right track. I just want you to be familiar with the character, and understand why she doesn't want or need friends. So, yes. Be a active reader and comment/vote. I might even dedicate a chapter to random followers.

5 votes / 3 comments.