Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Guys, with the dance coming up, I thought I’d show you too newbies a lesson on how to ask a lady out,” Said the smallest boy. “Oh great! Do you know a guy who can teach us?” Adam beamed. Leo scowled at the remark. He pulled up his backpack straps and growled, “I meant me!”

His eyes wandered to Janelle. She was sitting on the benches talking to her more popular friends. “Her? Doesn’t she use you as a footstool in math class?” Chase chuckled.

“Where else is she going to put her feet – the floor?” Leo barked. His step brothers snickered and followed Leo to Janelle. “Take notes, boys.”

Leo strutted to Janelle and tapped her shoulder. “Hello, Janelle. Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?”

Janelle jumped at his high voice. She was still surprised he was talking to her. “Enough to break the ice,” Leo grinned. He leaped over the bench and sat with her. Adam started taking notes in his book.

“I’m Leo Dooley.”

“Didn’t you send me 87 texts?”

“Yea… That was a slow day.”

Janelle panicked. “Well,” She said, grabbing her books, “See you later, Lenny.”

“It’s Leo!” He shouted as she ran away.

“So, Leo,” Chase grinned, “What should I write in my notes besides ‘DENIED’?”

Adam showed Chase his notebook. “You cheat off of me. I wrote ‘She’s not going to the dance with Lenny’,” Adam chuckled.

Chase pushed out his arms. The boys stopped making faces at each other. “Wait – do you hear that?” Chase asked.

“She was lightning fast – like a ninja!” “She’s so cute, I love her brown hair and hightops.” “She’s the new girl, isn’t she?” “She was beating up Trent! What a hero!”

Adam, Chase, and Leo panicked. “Are they talking about Bree?” Leo gasped.

“We’ll they did say she was beautiful,” Chase shrugged, “So it’s defiantly not Bree.”
The boys nodded and laughed.

As the boys looked around for Bree, Chase was knocked down by a brunette girl.

“Sorry!” She shouted as she leaped to her feet. Adam helped Chase up. The brunette blocked the doorway. “Three, two,” She began.

Trent tried to run out the school door. He shrieked like Leo when he was scared. “Give back Owen’s money, you thief!” She shouted.

Trent ran in the opposite direction. The girl sprinted off of Trent and knocked him down. She pinned him against the floor. “Where is it?” She snapped. She slammed his head into the floor.

“Fine! I’ll give it back!” Trent cried. She tossed Trent into the garbage can. “If Owen doesn’t get his money back by lunch, I’m going to make sure you never play football again!”

“She’s strong,” Leo laughed. She watched Trent scramble away. “I’m sorry about running into you,” She frowned.

“Wow you’re like a bionic!” Adam beamed. Chase punched Adam. “I mean bionic warrior – like the toys – not like super hero,” Adam laughed. He leaned to Chase and whispered, “Saved it.”

The brunette girl had a button nose between her green eyes. “Don’t worry about it. You did a good deed,” Chase laughed.  “Well I better get back to finding my classroom,” She smiled. “I can help you find your classroom!” Adam said.

“Adam, you don’t even know where the bathroom is. You had to pee so bad last week, you peed in your locker,” Chase said, rolling his eyes.

“Fine, I’ll pee in your locker next time,” Adam growled. The girl let out a cute giggle. “Thanks, - Adam was it?”

Adam smiled, “Yup. These are my brothers Chase and Leo.”

“I’m Aerie.”

Leo pushed aside his brothers. “Maybe I can help you find your way to class, my goddess.”

“You’re so sweet, Leo, but my boyfriend is going to help me find my classes.”

“Let me see this boyfriend,” Leo smirked, “I’ll have you know I’ve been shoved in almost every locker. I know every dirty inch of this school.”

“Hey, babe,” A voice said. The boy dipped Aerie and kissed her. “I see you met my friends – and Leo,” Marcus said.