Chapter 7 Adam

Chapter 7 Adam

Douglas injected Aerie in the neck. “Marcus, take her away. I’ve sedated her for now,” He said.

“What are you going to do with us?” Bree asked. Doug patted Marcus’ back to send him to the infirmary. Marcus carried the beautiful body away. I couldn’t see her blue eyes anymore. “You’re going to pay for this.”

“Why are you taking out all your anger on me?” Doug laughed. Chase stepped forward. “You kidnapped a girl!”

Doug laughed so hard he had to hold onto his thighs. “Aerie a human?” He cackled, “She’s a bionic! She’s only been in school to spy on you.”

My heart broke. “No,” Chase whispered. Bree crossed her arms. “But – she’s only helped us,” She whispered. “He has to be lying!” I snapped.

“Would I lie to my kids?”

Your kids?” Bree repeated. Doug’s mouth gaped. “Have you been holding out on the kids, Donnie?”

Donald lowered his head. “I’m your father,” Doug beamed. Bree, Chase, and I froze. It was true then. Donald was too embarrassed to say anything.

“Now if you excuse me, X003 needs my attention,” Doug grinned before leaving.

Chase turned to Donald. “Mr. Davenport, why did that guy say he was our father?” He asked. “Because he is,” Donald mumbled. He stood by himself across from us. “He’s your father – and my brother.”

What? Did that mean Chase was also my father?

“Douglas and I created bionics for purposes only to aid humans in missions too dangers. Douglas took it too far and put it in humans.”

“So that’s why we glitch – we’re human,” Chase said. When Donald nodded, I said, “All these years I thought you were a terrible scientist.”

Donald rolled his eyes. “And that’s why I don’t know about your super abilities; I didn’t create you and there are genetic codes in you.”

“How did we end up with you?” Bree asked in a gentle voice.

“I kidnapped you and raised you in a safe environment. I thought I could raise you to be heroes and not cyber weapons of mass destruction.”

Douglas walked into the room. “I won’t only use you as cyber soldiers. With the triton app I can control you. I can make you start a world war or some light housekeeping,” Douglas shrugged. “You can’t make me vacuum!” I shouted.

“Where’s Aerie?” Chase snapped. Douglas grinned. “Aerie!” He shouted. The young girl walked into the room. “Yes, Douglas?” The girl asked. Her voice was flat with no tone.

Doug put his hands on Aerie’s shoulders. “You see, Marcus was just a prototype, the first one. As an android he couldn’t do much. But X002 was able to do so much more. After a virus, I created X003. She’s a replica of X002, but needs your bionics for the antidote to her virus. Once I complete it, she will be the most powerful bionic in the world.”

He hands travelled to her ears. He covered them from what he was about to say. “The virus makes her malfunction. Do you know what that error is? It’s because she’s human the error exists.”

“Dad, look at the security cameras,” Marcus said, running in. Douglas ran to the computers. Leo was carrying a red wagon to the door. He was arguing with his watch.

“Oh look, he’s human,” Doug laughed, “I can take this one out with the sprinklers.”

“Don’t hurt him!” Bree shouted. “He’s just a kid!” Donald snapped. Doug looked over his shoulder. “Attack him, Marcus.”