Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The sun was beating down on Kagome through her window when she woke up. Sota was sitting in the living room watching tv as usual with grandpa. Kagome stretched, getting up to make her way down to the kitchen for food since she didn't eat dinner. Kagome's mom looked at her and tried to see if someone was behind her, "Where is Inuyasha darling?" She asked as Kagome got out some rice pudding. Kagome looked at her mom hoping she wouldn't have to answer that question.

"He went back after telling me to hurry up cause I'm the jewel collector." Her mom looked at her with frustration to that comment.Grandpa walked in and sat down with the newspaper and looked at Kagome, "When are you going back? What illness shall I make up this time? Maybe ringworm or perhaps the black plauge?" He chuckled a bit at his joke. "I would hope to not have the black plauge please gramps. Also no ringworm please. I think you already used that excuse." She said as she shuffled to the sink to put her bowl away.

Kagome made her way to her room to get ready for the day, She thought she'd go buy everyone something to show she still cared about them even though she left without saying anything. She thought she should go back when she was done, she missed everyone including Inuyasha."Alright! Let's make today count Kagome!" She yelled to herself in motivation as she rushed to get ready. Her mom came up to check on her and realized she was already running down the stairs in a rush,"Do you want some extra money Kagome?" As she came back to get some extra money she stared at her mom. She wondered what her mom would say if she asked for advice. "What is it hunny?" Her mom asked looking at how she was staring at her. Kagome was scared to ask, 'What do I ask her? Hey mom how do you tell if someone loves you? God I can't ask my mom any of this, it's embarrassing. I'll go ask Lunara and Keiko, They'll know what to say.' Kagome looked at her mom, "It's nothing, thanks mom!" She ran out to go to the store and shop.

Meanwhile Keiko and Lunara were walking towards the well. As they were walking towards there they noticed Inuyasha was in a tree outside the village. "Hey look, it's the dog Keiko." Lunara said as she stopped walking. Keiko wasn't paying attention and bumped into her. Keiko started freaking out, "LuLu I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you!" Lunara looked at her with a nod of it being alright."Oh god not them again." Inuyasha said as he jumped from the tree. Keiko cocked her head to the side as she looked at Inuyasha,"Uh... Inuyasha why do you act like you always have an attitude?"Inuyasha looked at her in frustration, 'She can't be serious? I have an attitude problem? Keiko always has an attitude problem!' A moment of silence went between them, Lunara walked past Inuyasha. Her tail swished in aggravation at the sight of Inuyasha. "Keiko I'm leaving without you if you don't hurry up. I want to be back home before nightfall." Lunara said as she continued walking. Inuyasha and Keiko looked at each other like two dogs about to fight until Keiko patted his head, "Good dog. Bye!" She ran to catch up with Lunara. Inuyasha scratched his head in confusion, "But you're a dog too..."

Kagome had finished her shopping and returned home to pack, she looked around her room for her swimsuit just in case they came into contact with a beautiful ocean again. She was glad to be going back, she finished packing and headed down stairs to pack the food she bought for everyone. Her mom looked at her and just smiled as she was happy her daughter was happy. Kagome finished packing, said her goodbyes and left to go to the well. She climbed over the edge and jumped in when a blue streak of light brightened up the walls of the well.Before she knew it she was on the other side.

Kagome dropped her backpack and climbed over, stretched and realized Keiko and Lunara were walking towards her. They hadn't noticed her yet, she supposed Lunara noticed her but Keiko didn't it. It was no surprise since Keiko was an orphan and grew up with Lunara. So Lunara was always watching out for the younger half-demon Kagome looked at them and waved, "Lunara! Keiko! Over here!" Keiko looked over and smiled, she waved frantically at Kagome, "Hey Kagome!!" Keikostarted running towards her, Lunara walked slowly towards her."Kagome do you want to come stay the night with us tonight? We missed you!" Lunara said as she jumped on Keiko's back because she was tired of standing. Keiko always carried her around when she wanted her to which wasn't very often. Kagome looked at them with a smile, "Of course I'd love to! I needed to talk to you guys about something anyways. Let's just go give my friends their presents. Oh,by the way! I got you guys something too!." She shuffled through her backpack. Keiko looked at her and her ears twitched at the sound of what was coming. "Lunara this is for you and Keiko this is for you! Hope you enjoy them!" She said handing Lunara a book of poetry and handing Keiko a bag of seaweed. Keiko's eyes teared up as she hugged Kagome, "Oh my thank you Kagome!" Lunara nodded, "Yes thank you Kagome. I'll read this with happiness." Kagome knew that would make them happy. They admired the gifts Kagome gave them before all three of them started on their way back to the village beyond Kaede's. They finally reached the village where Inuyasha could be seen sitting in the same tree he always does.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome as she walked up with Lunara and Keiko. He wondered when she would be back. He jumped from the tree stretching his arm out, "Hey Kagome. Are you ready to head out?" Kagome looked at him in confusion. Keiko jumped in excitement, "Where are we going!?!" Kagome chuckled and Lunara smirked a bit. Inuyasha huffed, "You're NOT going." Kagome then said the one word he didn't want to hear, "Inuyasha...."He looked at her in fear, preparing himself for the hurt. "Sit boy!" He slammed to the ground as Lunara walked across him.

Keiko ran around him and leaned down next to him, "Hey Inuyasha, Kagome is gonna come with us kay? Okay" She ran towards Lunara. Kagome slowly inched away from him, "I don't know why you have to be so mean all the time, they don't get to see me as much as you do." He huffed again as he just laid there. She sighed as she started to walkaway, "I'll only be gone for the night, I'll see you in the morning." She rushed away to catch up with them.

Inuyasha got up after a few minutes when he knew Kagome was gone. 'I get she wants to see her friends but I wanted to talk to her...' He walked towards the hut Miroku and Sango were in hoping they weren't doing anything.