Chapter 7 - A Little Luck

One exited the private part of The Matinee only to find Wong playing a game on the big screen and Two asleep on the couch, a thin trail of drool extending from his mouth to the couch's arm. Grinning, One slammed the door behind him. Two awoke with a loud snort and peered around the room with bleary eyes.

"Whazzat?" he muttered, "Nah me, dinn do it."

"Didn't do what?" One asked.

Two stared at him for a moment, his eyes eventually focusing on One. "Oh! It's just you. Wondered when you'd come up for air again."

"Yeah, well even deep diving loses its appeal after a while. Did you do something?"

"Huh? Oh, no, nothing like that," Two said quickly. "Just ...y'know, Fate's been on my case again."

"Just because, or because you did something?" One asked, giving his buddy a knowing look.

Two mumbled something unintelligable until his eyes fell on Wong, still involved with his game. "Oh, this is Wong by the way. He's the new guy."

"Wong Fo-lee, yeah," One said, nodding and mentally filing away Two's evasion. "We met."

"Yeah? Well, get used to him. Teach assigned me as his trainer."

One was suddenly glad he wasn't drinking anything, as it would've now been mostly on Two and the Matinee floor. 

Two gave him a dirty look. "You got something to say?"

"Me? No! I'm sure you're turn him into a fine member of the Elsewhere." Making a point to ignore his friend's glare, One told Wong, "Thanks for helping me out the other day, by the way. I owe you one."

Wong beamed at him. Two, however, looked less than amused.

"Wait, you told him to do that?" said Two, anger in his tone. 

"I asked him to do me a favor as a friend and fellow Dreamer," One told his best friend, struggling and ultimately failing to hide his smirk.

"Teach just spent the last hour bending my ear because of that!" complained Two. "Kept whining that he's my responsibility and that I need to keep a better eye on him!"

"Ah, he's just mad that I was able to slip by without him noticing." One picked up a nearby controller and joined the game much to Wong's delight.

Two continued, "Did you really have to persuade the Dreamer I'm supposed to be responsible for to roll up Teach in a big wad of junk and push him out the nearest window?"

Wong interrupted, "Katamari. It's called a katamari."

"Thank you for the clarification. Shut up." Turning back to One, Two said, "It took three weeks for Atraius to happen by and free Teach from the ..." he glared at Wong before finishing, "... katamari."

"Ohhh, sensei! Me sooooo sorry!" Wong threw himself on the floor and proceeded bow to Two over and over, his head hitting the ground with a thump every time.

One watched, finding the sight both amusing and disturbing. "He's definitely going to fit in around here."

Flashing a dirty look at One, Two pulled Wong off the floor. Wong had gone cross-eyed, and his hair stuck out wildly in all directions.

Wong immediately wrapped his arms around Two in a loving embrace and said, "Aw! I didn't know you cared!"

Two tried to free himself, but Wong held him with an iron grip. "A little help?" Two asked, giving One a pleading look.

One couldn't help it; he started laughing.

Two finally tore himself from Wong's grasp. Shooting One a dirty look, he said, "It's not funny, One! He's been doing crap like this since I was put in charge of him! I know you're on vacation, but give me a hand here, I'm beggin' ya!"