Chapter 7

Kylie's POV:

I ran down the school hallway, my steps echoing the empty corridor, silent tears ran down my face. I furiously wiped them away as I stepped outside of the building.

I shouldn't be crying but the way Jayce acted back there made my heart race in a way I couldn't explain. The way his eyes turned void black and how he used so much pressure, so forcefully.

And the tingles...what the heck explains that. 

I slowed down my pace as I realized I was now off school property and took a deep breath of fresh air. I pulled my sweater closer to me as the wind today was a bit nip. I was appreciative of being signed out of class because I was supposedly at the nurse's station; I didn't want to deal with my parents right now bugging me about skipping class. 

Just a few minutes away from the school was the uptown part of our city. It had a variety of different new shopping places and cute little cafes and restaurants.  I admired the looks of them and finally decided upon a shabby chic cafe called Marbles. 

As I stepped in, the door jingled, I immediately fell in love with the place. The colour theme was washed-out whites and pale yellows.  There were fresh flowers all over the place in different sizes of bouquets on each table and they also lined the window sills. The atmosphere was friendly and cozy and everyone seemed to have a happy aura, as cheesy as it sounded. 

I stepped up to the counter and was thankful that I ran out of the school with my wallet. 

"Hi, there! Welcome to Marbles, what can I get you?" A short brunette spoke with a large smile on her face.

"May I just get a peppermint tea and a double chocolate muffin, please?" I asked, returning the smile. 

"Sure thing! That will be $6.35." I quickly handed her the money and left to go find a seat as soon as she told me that she would have someone bring my order over to me. 

I found a comfortable corner booth and settled myself in. I then decided I probably should notify Hudson and Monica of my absence and pulled out my cellphone. I was surprised to see one new text message on it from my mom, reading that we needed to chat about school as soon I got home from school. 

I sighed, I honestly tried so hard to forget about the school exchange my parents wanted me to do. But it kept being brought up. It was Friday today which meant that on Monday I was supposedly supposed to start at the new one. 

The server brought my order over, interrupting my thoughts for a minute and I sent him a quick smile of appreciation. 

My phone suddenly beeped alerting me of a new message...I swear if it was my mother again...

From: My Crazy Nerd

I chuckled at the contact name, it was Monica. 

Helloooo where are you??? You better not be sick in the bathroom again.

I rolled my eyes and typed back a quick apology and said that I went home because I wasn't feeling well. 

Okay, well Hudson and I will come to visit you after school ends then! Feel better! 

I gave a short reply, then turned off my phone and put it back in my bag, before focusing on the meal before me. 

As I left the cafe I made a promise to myself that I would come back again. 

Now let's face the wrath of my parents.

-

"But Mom," I whined. "This seriously isn't fair, you didn't even give me a chance to make this decision."