Chapter 10

Kylie's POV: 

I was currently sitting on the large king bed, in a room I was hastily ushered into. After Jayce took care of the rest of my injuries, he forced me back onto the wheelchair and brought me into the largest house on the property. Apparently, this was the one he lived in. 

I didn't get to meet anyone as soon as I entered the house, not that I really wanted to, but I felt invasive as I did not know anyone I was going to live with. The house was huge, and I wasn't just saying that because my own home was tiny. The front entrance showed the many levels to the structure and there seemed to be an endless amount of rooms. I wish he had let me take a tour of the place before he trapped me up here. 

I had let Jayce push me in the wheelchair, into an elevator, and up to three floors before we arrived on the top floor that seemed very quiet.  I was immediately led to my new room. Well I mean someone's, it had Jayce's scent all over it so I was assuming it was his. 

"Why are we just sitting here?" I asked Jayce, speaking my thoughts, who was sitting on a little couch next to the bed, "Shouldn't you introduce me to your family?" 

Jayce grimaced and he shook his head quickly. "No, not right now, Muffin."

I sighed, as confused as ever at the whole aspect of this situation. 

"Well can we at least do something?" I muttered, annoyed.

"Well," Jayce said standing up from his spot on the couch to the right of me and stood right beside me, "I do have stuff I need to attend to, but you, Muffin, are staying right here." 

He sent me a warning look when he saw me about to protest, "Doctor's orders strictly bed rest, so you will be doing nothing more than that."

"What!" I protested, trying to get off up the bed, "There's no way I am just staying in this room alone for days in this foreign house!"

"Ah ah ah," Jayce shook his finger at me, "Oh, but you will. You need to heal, Kylie and you are going to stay in bed until you are absolutely better." 

I slumped in defeat, I knew he had a point but there was only so much boredom I could take. I would figure out a plan later.

"Fine," I agreed for the moment, "But I'm not staying in here forever." 

"You and your health are what matters most to me, you will listen to me," He admonished, now standing over top of me, gently stroking my hand sending sparks up my arm, "I will be back very soon, try not to miss me." 

I rolled my eyes as I watched him strode to the door and open it, he turned back his head and winked, and then he was gone. 

~

I blinked my eyes open and was startled as I forgot where I was for a minute. I rolled over in bed and read the bedside clock on the table, 4:00 pm.

I had been asleep for two hours. I pushed myself up in a sitting position and yawned, throwing the covers off my legs. I shivered as the air nipped my skin. 

I padded across the room into the walk-in bathroom and studied myself in the mirror. There were dark rings under my eyes and my hair was all tousled. The only makeup I had put on that morning was long gone, I looked rough. 

I splashed some water on my face and searched through the drawers and found a comb to untangle the knots in my hair. When I finished I flipped off the light and made my way to the walk-in closet on the other side of the room. As I opened the door, a light automatically flipped on and presented rows of black and blue suits, pants, and jackets.