Getting More Reads/Votes/Comments

There really is no one way to get more reads, votes, and comments, so I will make a fancy-shmancy list for you. Use any or all of these tips, some may help, some may not.

1) if you have any friends (in real life) that are on Wattpad, email them your stories and ask them to check it out. If they are really your friends, then they will be happy too!

2) if someone follows you, be sure to 'introduce' them to your book(s). Don't be annoying about it, just ask them ONCE, and politely, if they could please read your book(s). And the same might work for the people you follow.

3) this is a way to get more reads AND votes: write about the things you want to write about, and what others want to read. If it sounds interesting, they'll read it. But make sure you're happy and proud to be writing it, as well.

4) have correct grammar and punctuation. If there are over five mistakes in the very first sentence, then most people won't want to continue. It's hard to understand, and just plain annoying. For example, there are a lot of typos in my Voldemort's Daughter fanfiction, and that is one of my least popular books.

5) leave the readers wanting to ask questions. Don't leave too much information out, but just enough to make them wonder. Then they may comment.

6) don't write a cliche book. Not all cliche books are bad, believe me, but eventually, nobody wants to read them anymore. Write something original, that you love, because original is beautiful.

7) make sure that you love your story! Don't give up if you have one chapter posted and no reads, just keep writing! Most people like to read either a completed story or one with enough chapters to keep them satisfied until the next update.

You are amazing! Also, this last one isn't an official reason, but I'll add it to the list anyways:

8) if you are new to Wattpad with a story that you believe deserves recognition, comment down below and ask me nicely to read it. If I have time, I most certainly will!