Not your typical vacation?19

6 more chapter's and the story will be done with.*sobs*

<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Sky!"

He slid over to me, one hand cupping my face, the other dragging me closer. I hissed in pain, trying and failing to press my hand against my calf.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm going to get you out of here." he whispered, grabbing me and lifting me into the air

Apparently the outer defenses had been cut when we'd destroyed part of the machine, making it easy for Jake and Alexander to make their way over to us. He ran towards the door, clutching me protectively in his arms.

"Wait!" my fingers bit into his arm, "We have to set them free."

"There isn't time..." he began, slowing down

"I'm not leaving without them." I replied, crossing my arms

He sighed, gently setting me on the ground again. Jake and Anne got up and helped, unstrapping the vampires from the walls at a superhuman rate. The slayers were behind us, most of them trying desperately to fix what Casy and I had broken. A few of them ventured towards the vampires that were being freed, but they didn't last very long.

Finally, after all of them were freed, Alexander came over, picking me up and taking me out the door again. I grabbed the front of his shirt, clutching it in my fingertips. Now that everything was calming down, the pain in my leg was tripled. I whimpered, trying to stay strong, and pressed my face against his chest.

I didn't have the strength to block him from my thoughts so I tried to think of happy things rather than the pain. I didn't want him to worry, I didn't want to make him feel bad. After all, I was the one that should feel bad after everything I'd put him through.

"Sky, don't." he whispered, dragging us both outside

It was cooler, calmer here. Alexander set me down, telling Jake to call for an ambulance. I shuddered, leaning back against the pavement and closing my eyes. I was cold, very cold, but at least the pain was going away. I felt strangely numb.

"Sky? Are you all right?" Alexander whispered, sitting beside me and cupping my hand in his

A few of the vampires that we had saved were already leaving, clutching their friends and family to them as they disappeared into the night. I didn't blame them. It's what I would have done, had I been able to walk.

One vampire seemed eager to stick around. She circled around us, her bright eyes glittering in the dark. I paused, trying to focus on her. She seemed all too familiar. She continued to inch closer, almost bouncing on her heels in anticipation.

"Do not come near her." Alexander hissed, turning to glare at the vampire

"Her blood's so fresh...so untainted." the vampire replied and I realized, with a shock, that it was Valencia

I shook slightly, scooting away across the pavement. I hit the edge of a car and used it to sit up, leaning back against the metal. She continued to move closer, staring at me.

"Valencia, she's mine. You know the consequences." Alexander growled, standing up beside me

I didn't mind that I "was his." Not anymore. I could pretend to be his pet if it meant she would leave us alone. Apparently the news didn't phase her though and she continued to move in, crouching low to the ground.

"Just a little taste."

She lunged forward, flying through the air. I flinched, closing my eyes and waiting for an impact that never came. I chanced a glance, watching as Alexander threw her away from me. Jake was by my side in an instant, lifting me off the ground and walking towards the other end of the parking lot.

"Alexander!"

I had somehow found my voice in the panic, my fingers biting into Jake's arm. He turned away though and I could no longer see Alexander on the other side of the parking lot. I was too weak to protest, my feeble attempts pathetic.

"He'll be all right, Sky. Please." Jake whispered, setting me down on the other side of the parking lot

Alexander stumbled over a few minutes later, covered in blood. I forced myself to sit up, trying with all my might to crawl over to him. He was at my side instantly, making the trip unnecessary.

"Are you okay? What happened? Are you hurt?" I whispered, letting him lie me back against the pavement

"I'm fine, love. Don't worry." he replied, but there was something hidden, something he was keeping from me

"Alexander, you know the laws."

The voice was unfamiliar. I blinked, trying to remain conscious. The man was large, larger than any of us, and he seemed to carry a sort of authority along with him that none of the other vampires I'd met ever had.

"Yes." Alexander replied in a strained voice, keeping his eyes on me

"Then you know that you have to go to them." the man stated, taking a step closer

"I do." Alexander replied, linking fingers with me as I stiffened

"I'll escort you."

"I'm taking Skyler to the hospital before anything else takes place." Alexander replied, his eyes glued to mine

"Very well." the man stated, taking a few steps away but watching us carefully

"Wait, what? What's going on Alexander?" I hissed, trying to keep control of the situation

"Don't worry." he replied, smiling sadly, "I need to get you to a hospital."

"Is everything going to be okay?" I asked as the sirens closed in

"Everything's going to be fine darling. C'mon."

He lifted me into the air, making his way over to the ambulance and carrying me inside. He slowly lied me down on the gurney, sitting down beside me and linking our fingers again. The paramedic strapped an oxygen mask over my face and told me to start counting backwards from ten.

Tears flooded my eyes and I gripped onto Alexander's hand for comfort. He managed a soft smile, slowly leaning in and pressing his lips to my forehead. Everything was happening so fast, I couldn't keep up. I wondered what was going to happen to Alexander and if he'd be there when I woke up.

I got to seven and then passed out.

sky's outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/out_sider/set?id=12519716

casy's outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/you_hadnt_found_me/set?id=5132326

valencias outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/always/set?id=15110832

anne's outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/30.1.2010/set?id=15582248