10: Basketball Trilogy

Maya's P.O.V

Today was the last day I had to be the mascot and I was a little bit relieved and sad. Why? Well I've enjoyed being able to be at Lucas' games and cheering him on. Being the mascot isn't so bad, it makes me happy when the team wins.

I was ready in my mascot suit and was waiting for the team to be ready. I was watching Lucas get into his basketball shorts and he knew I was watching because he lifted his top off slowly, flexing his muscles and leaving his body on show for me. I moaned and bit my lip. I looked around to make sure no one heard... Nope, everyone was busy with their own conversations.

"Okay everybody! Today's game is important. We have 3 major basketball scholarships on the line right now. The top 3 players that the directors think are the best will be offered a scholarship and this is huge for not just you but for me. I'm so proud of every single one of you and I can't wait to see you guys playing for the Lakers or Knicks. Make this game your best game yet. Work as a team. Don't let anything get in your way. Hands in." The coach wipes a tear as he puts his hand in the middle and the team joins him.

"1, 2, 3 and break!" The team broke and cheered.
"Now high five Yogi for good luck!" Coach ordered and each of them high five me and made their way to the Basketball court. The coach followed them and the only player left to high five me was Lucas.

I walked out the changing room and felt a slap on the mascot's ass.

"If we win this, I'm taking you on our first date." Lucas says to me and I melt.

"Deal." I say, my voice muffled coz of the suit. Lucas runs in front and the college cheers as he steps out the doors.

I join the cheerleaders and do the normal routine and head to the stands and get the crowd lit.

The game starts and already Lucas has the ball and is running across the court like a one man show, he passes the ball to Zay and he turns around, bending his knees, aims and scores!! The crowd goes wild with cheers and praises.

* Half time *

I did our normal half time routine with the cheerleaders, Bruno Mars' 24k Magic playing in the background while the team have a break and get the pep talk from coach. People went to get snacks and the opposite team get their shit together as they're losing 14 (7 baskets) - 8 (4 baskets).

Before I knew it, the team return to the middle of the court and the ref blew his whistle, threw the ball in the air and Josh jumped up and pushed the ball onto his team's side. Zay went straight in and stole the ball, he dribbled and passed it to another player and he ran and dribbled the ball up the court and passed it to Lucas. Lucas was near the hoop, he jumped and scored!!

The crowd went mental with cheers. I put my mascot arms up and celebrated.

The next half an hour went on our team scoring 3 more baskets and ending the game with 22 (11 baskets) - 12 (6 baskets). The crowd cheered when the final horn blew.

The cheerleaders and I made our way into the middle of the court to celebrate with the team. I seen Lucas walk straight towards me with a smirk on his face. I bit my lip, he looked so hot.

He took the mascot's head off and I panicked. But I didn't have time to process anything as Lucas kissed me passionately and I kissed him back. The crowd cheered even louder and I felt Lucas smile against my lips. I pulled back and he smiled down at me.

"You're ass really is good luck." He smirks and I laugh.
"I love you." He said seriously, his eyes staring back  into mine and I felt my heart skip a beat.