Visitor

~~*~~*~~*~~~*~~*~~

When Arkham Asylum receives 'the call' its normal for staff to break into panic mode and ensure that everything is set for his stage.
This means that emergency protocol begins barking urgent instructions through the intercom creating a tension so stagnant it has everyone rushing frantic up and down the corridors like its the end of civilisation as they know it!
It's impossible to ignore the stifling scent of decay and mortality in the air even when taken over by the pungent aroma of bleach and rubbing alcohol, but this certain fragrance is never a problem for those who have earned their years of immunity.
Because you have only just managed to get on the pay roll, you are not so fortunate and the urge to plug your nose as you stand in the lobby watching Doctors and orderlies collide without apology, is too strong to resist.
Their lack of manners has something to do with time running short because the scald and stain of morning coffee wouldn't go unnoticed otherwise.
But there are much more important tasks to preform like making sure that every room is thoroughly inspected from top to bottom and that Security detail are bulking up with enough numbers take control of the building and its grounds.

Within all of this chaos people can still hear the clock tick ominously in the background, a reminder of how much time they have left before he arrives.
You estimate 10-20 minutes max by the way everybody is ironically losing their minds in a mental hospital.
The fact of the matter is that no amount of careful preparation can make the institute secure enough, even if every one is up to speed with their tasks.
Yes the wrought iron gate lined with barbed wire and the impenetrable walls of the gothic structure are strong but none of this makes any difference. He still manages to escape every time.
You could say that it's like a hotel.
He decides to stay every couple of months for some respite before checking out to create more mayhem on the streets of Gotham City.
He has been brought in by the G.C.P.D too many times to count. But he always outsmarts somebody in charge or pays one of his hench men to bust him out. So his absence actually brings relief to the employees of A.A as the entire dynamic of the hospital has to adapt to accommodate him otherwise.
Not especially healthy for those involved to be working in such a stressful environment.

*******

"I have  gathered you all here this morning to inform you that we just got the call." The Administrative Director announces gravely and a low hiss of agitation spreads throughout the staff room in reply. 
"I know it's not the ideal situation, but as you well know,
Black Gate are not equipped to meet his needs. So the responsibility falls upon us."
Jeremiah lets out a sigh of exhaustion and the look on his worn face tells everyone that he has made this kind of speech many times before.
"He will arrive momentarily. Everybody knows the drill."
Doctors and orderlies nod in unison and try to ignore the chill that creeps up their spines as they listen.
"For those of you who are new to Arkham." He continues.
"I urge that you must be on guard at all times." Jeremiah waves impatiently for his assistant and a plump flustered woman steps out from behind him with a pile of freshly printed copies in her arms. "Karen will now hand out the procedures you must follow.
It's pretty self explanatory, just follow them for your own safety and others."
He insists as sheets of stapled paper pass through each trembling hand  like a white rustling tide.

One of those stapled sheets lands in Your red polished hands. And as you the peer curiously through your black frames it's a struggle to hide your nerves amongst the anxious chatter amplifying around your ears.
Inhaling a deep breath you try to slow the rapid pulse thumping under your chest before deciding to re-read the instructions again.

Patient 503: Procedures 

- All staff must remain at least 3-feet when interacting with the Patient. Unless they are part of security detail.