Uncertainty

OneShot#2- Uncertainty

I was walking on my way to University when I received a call from him. It was unusual because I normally get calls from him at night time. He told me that he was going to pick me up after classes. It was kind of risky because I planned a date with my boyfriend that time and I can't decline this one. I sighed and told him "okay". I guess I'll just cancel with Lynx.

After classes, he picked me up at the school parking lot. I was nervous. What if someone sees me? What if we get caught? Luckily, no one had noticed me getting in a car of another man. We drove to our destination. The trip was silent, awkwardly silent. I even saw him making attempts to talk to me but backed out.

I don't know where he took me but when I woke up, it was already dark. The place is nice. There is a set up table for two, plates, wine glasses, silverware, gold Christmas lights, and semi-transparent white curtains waiting for us. I can't help but worry at what would happen tonight.

He smiled at me sweetly as he took my hand and guided me towards my seat. I was surprised when music wrapped the atmosphere. This would be perfect if I was sure I love this man in front of me. As of now, I am torn between him and my boyfriend Lynx. I've known Lynx since we were kids but my parents didn't like him. I and this man in front of me have an arrangement to marry one another for advantage. Lynx doesn't know about this; well, no one does. It's supposed to be a secret until I turn 18, and my 18th birthday is just around the corner. He held my hand and kissed it. We were done with dinner and he pulled me to the dance floor. He pulled me in his arms, put his chin over my shoulder and glided me in sync with the music. He kissed my neck quickly and whispered an 'I love you' in my ear. He always does this, these kinds of things. I am always cautious and always remind myself not to forget about Lynx. But in the end, I always tend to do the exact opposite.

He took me home with a smile on my face. He kissed my cheek and he waved goodbye. I went inside my house and charged my phone. I hadn't noticed that it was off. I bit my lip when I found 20 missed calls from Lynx. I didn't think twice to call him back. "Hello?" I called out nervously when he picked up. "Baby, where have you been? Where were you when I called? Did something happen? Are you okay?" he flooded me with questions. I couldn't help but smile. He was worried about me. "I'm sorry, baby. Something just came up, I'm sorry I missed our date. I'm at home now."