Chapter 2

The next day I woke up to my alarm going off. I groan and slam my hand on the stupid box to shut the thing up. I drag myself to my bathroom, turn on the shower, and quickly strip hopping in. Today I get the results for my finals and if I passed I'll be graduated by the end of this week. I smile to myself as I rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Four years of college finally paying off! I switch off the water and get out wrapping a towel around my body and walk over to the mirror, swiping the fog away. I look at my appearance for a moment before grabbing my tooth brush and start brushing my teeth. Once I'm done with all that, I go to my room and get dressed in black matching underwear, some dark blue skinny jeans, a Pink Floyd tee shirt, and my usual black biker boots. I grab my keys and quickly leave my apartment, hopping on my motorcycle and heading towards campus.

Yeah, yeah, I know with the way I dress and the whole motorcycle thing you would think I'm some sort of bad ass. Well don't judge a book by its cover because I am completely lame. I'm not shy but I'm not all confident either. In fact sometimes I'm the biggest loser on the planet. Take last night for example.

I groan as I remember how I embarrassed myself in front of Steve last night. Even though he seemed not to notice it was still embarrassing.

Steve is pretty attractive now that I'm thinking about it. Nice facial features, beautiful blue eyes. Okay he is very attractive.

I finally pull into the campus parking lot and park my bike. I make my way into the building and to the main bulletin board. There are tons of people surrounding it so I fight my way through the crowd until I make it to the front. It takes me a second before I find my name but I finally do and follow the line over to my grade. An 86! Good enough! I smile and start fighting my way back out of the crowd. When I'm finally out, I pull out my phone and check the time.

11:25

I guess I'll head to work early and see if I can get a few early hours, I could sure use the money. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the store. I pull around the back to park my bike and come in the back. I make my way into Karens, the bosses, office and tap on the door.

"Come in!" she calls out. She lifts her head when I open the door and gives me a surprised smile.

"Rose! what're you doing here?" she asks. I smile at her as I lean on the door casually.

"Hey, I was comming to see if there were any early hours I could take care of. My college classes are over so I have a lot of extra time," I say, she nods her head quickly.

"Oh, well you came on the perfect day! Brian quit today so the hours are yours if you want," she says smiling. I smile back at her and nod my head.

"Well I guess ill just...get to work then," I say waving slightly as I leave closing her office door behind me. I grab my work vest off the hook and click my hours card before making my way to the front of the store. I look over the cash register to see who I'll be working with, only to meet the same blue eyes I saw last night.

"Hello, Rose," he says as I approach him.

"Hello...Steve," I say awkwardly. I still don't think that name suits him.

"I told you, you'd be seeing me today," I say leaning on the counter.

"Yes, you did," I blink at him expecting him to say more, but he never does, so I try to start a conversation.

"So...Steve... I'm sorry do you have a middle name or a nickname I could call you?" I ask. he hesitates before answering.

"Clarence." That's a bit better, I can roll with that.

"Okay, Clarence it is then," I say with a small smile.

"Do you.... not like the name Steve?" he asks. Not sadly or offended just... curiously. I shake my head and shrug.