chapter nine

↣chapter nine; [CHAPTER EIGHT P.O.V OF GARETH]

12:30 p.m

I looked down at my phone, and my phone screen showed that someone was calling. I hesitantly picked, and as soon as I heard the voice of the caller, I knew who it was.

[Phone Conversation]

Me: Hello, this is Gareth.

Unknown Caller: Hey baby, what's up?

Me: Why are you calling me?

Unknown Caller: I'm sorry, I didn't know it was a crime to call.

Me: I was just curious.

Unknown Caller: Well, I'm so excited for tonight!

Me: Wait what? What's tonight? What do you mean?

Unknown Caller: Oh silly, don't you remember? You promised me a spot as your date, to your gala thing tonight.

Great. What am I to do now? I already asked Charlotte to be my date. I was also really looking forward to that. Now I have to call her, and tell her that I'm bailing on her? Great. I'll be lucky if she doesn't step on me.

Me: Oh. Right.

Unknown Caller: Yeah, silly. You're just going to love what I'll be rocking for you tonight.

Me: Look, I really have to go, but I'll pick you up later tonight. 

Unknown Caller: I'll be waiting sugar. 

It was now 1:00 p.m and I was so nervous to call Charlotte. I knew that I had to let her know though. So I gathered up all the courage left in me, and dialed her number.

[Phone Conversation]

Charlotte: Hello?

Hearing her voice, made me even more nervous, of the fact that I had to bail on her.

Me: Hi.

Charlotte: What's up?

Me: I need to tell you something...

Charlotte: Uh, okay. What is it?

Me: I can't go with you tonight.

I spat out quickly, scared of her reaction.

Charlotte: Wait what?

Me: I completely forgot that I had promised a friend of mine, that she would be my date for the night...

I paused, trying to find words, to help me go on.

Me: -I'm really sorry-

Charlotte: It's fine. I was probably going to stay home.

My heart shattered. I could hear that she was a little upset, and I felt even worse knowing that I was responsible for making her feel that way. I was even more torn apart, when she said that she wasn't going to go. I still really wanted to see her. Regardless of the fact, that I saw her almost everyday.

Me: No-you should come. We'll miss you there.

I said hiding the fact that by that, I really meant that I would miss her. And I wanted to see her there.

Charlotte: Good thing you guys will still see me at work.

Of course, but that wasn't the point. I was silent for a moment, then replied:

Me: I guess so...but it's not the same.

Charlotte: Don't worry about me. Go have a good time.

It was hard not to worry, when she's my princess.

Me: I still think you should come.

Charlotte: I'll think about it. I'll see how I feel later. If I feel like it, I'll come.

Me: Alright then bye.

Charlotte: Peace.

She said quickly, and instantly ended the call. I was so mad at myself for letting myself go with someone else. I was mad at myself for not standing up towards her, and telling her that I had already asked a beautiful girl by the name of Charlotte Derrson to be my date, and that I could pay her back another time. But I didn't...I was mad at myself for that.

2:30 p.m

Ever since I got off the phone with Charlotte, I had been pondering. I had to talk to someone. I went through my contact list, and dialed Aaron's number.

[Phone Conversation]

Aaron: Gareth what's crackin lad?

Me: I just bailed on Charlotte.... 

Aaron: Oh man don't tell me..

Me: For-

Aaron: Why Gareth? You should have scrapped her, and told her you were going with Charlotte. What's wrong with you?

Me: I don't know. Charlotte probably hates me now.

Aaron: Yeah she probably does. But maybe you can smooth things over tonight.

Me: I'm really, really hoping I can. 

Aaron: Don't worry about it. Have confidence. Lastly, don't make things worse. You know what I mean. If all that is down pat, you'll have no problem.

Me: You're right.

Aaron: Of course I am. Nothing new. 

I rolled my eyes, and sighed.

Me: Okay, whatever. 

He laughed.

Me: Thanks. See you tonight. 

Aaron: Goodbye.

5:30 p.m

I had decided to go out with the guys, for some food, and a few games here and there. Half the time the guys spent arguing whether or not we should all go out to the club, or to a bar, and the other half we spent playing video games, watching tv, and sitting on our arses, glued to our phones. I on the other hand, was still thinking about whether or not I should go see Charlotte.

=

Bonjour mes lovelies. This was a short chap-but the next chapter is like continuing this chap but from charlotte's p.o.v sooooo yeah. It'll be longer.

You know the drill :)

Love you all greatly.

sincerely,

secrettown