I get noticed

I woke up early , I don't want my mom or dad to see me in these clothes.. I already know they'll call me a slut for showing a little of skin.
I went ahead and put on my black shirt, high waisted shorts, with my Nike shoes. I usually put my hair up in a bun but today I decided to straighten my hair.
I take a deep breath before looking in the mirror, I know I only changed my style of clothes but I don't recognize my own reflection.. but I like it.

As I walk through the doors and enter school I can already feel everyone's eyes on me, I had my eyes glued to the floor as I headed to my locker. Guys would scan me like I was a piece of meat ready to be eaten. I cringed at the thought of that and hurried to my locker. As I look forward I smile seeing Lani leaning against my locker, her eyes locked onto her phone. As I get closer she looks up and gives me her perfect smile "Charla, I've been waiting for you."  She glanced up and down at my outfit "Damn I have good taste. That outfit looks sexy on you." I blushed at her words and stutter as I say thank you to her.

Lani told me that after school me and her are going to the Skate Park to meet up with her friends. To say I was nervous was an understatement, I've never been on a group of teenagers. She said it would be fun and that it'll help me make new friends. I was mainly nervous that they would think I was ugly or boring. I've been bullied my whole life by my family and kids so what would you expect.

During my classes I could hardly sit still, I'd feel all eyes on me. It was hard to relax. As soon as the bell rung ending school I sighed and was able to relax as everyone rushed out the door.

Meeting up with Lani after school made me happy. Even though we aren't close she made me feel loved, like I actually had a friend for once. Walking to the park I had a good and bad feeling in my stomach, but I brushed that aside as we reached her group of friends.