Chapter 2

It was strange carrying him. Well not really. He fit perfectly on my back, and I wondered how he killed the dragon, and who he actually was. The dragon said he killed his father. Well, that is something we have in common.

          The boy started to groan. Well, at least he was alive. We arrived at the edge of the clearing.

 “I think I can move again. But you will have to prop me up.”

          “ Okay, I’m putting you down now.”

 I slipped him off my back. I heard him slam into the ground and almost laughed. This boy killed the dragon that killed our fathers. But I saw it happen, so I didn’t doubt it. When he got upset it must have triggered something.

          “Well, what’s going on? Why did we stop?”

          I turned to him. “The village is right past this forest…”  

          “well what are we waiting for? Let’s do this!”

          He started to walk forward, but he collapsed.

          “I told you to prop me up!” he mumbled but only because his face was in the ground. Leaves started to fall. Not good.

 “Get up… slowly. The trees are evil here.”

 I drew my knives and helped him up.  He closed his eyes, and wouldn’t let go of my hand. Suddenly he started to glow. Two wings spread from his back. One was black and leathery. Like a dragon wing. The other one was white but had a tinge of bullion, jade, cobalt, and amethyst. A flaming sword appeared in his hand. My knives started to burn, but it didn’t hurt.

           Trees started to uproot themselves. Glowing green eyes turned on us. I threw a knife at one. It started to burn. The tree started to crumple and burn other trees. The forest started to scream.

          “Give up heroes, you can’t beat the Dark. Where there is Light there is also Darkness. Despair and die HEROES!”The forest rasped.

          “Okay, I never was a tree hugger. I like it that way.”

 He was funny. I smiled. He made a good partner