Mind, Intelligence and Ego.

Oh prowling human being,
Just take a look inside;
And instead of dreaming,
Just listen to your inner guide.

Why do you hesitate?
To at-once accept the reality,
Of those three states;
That is inside this wonderful city.

Invisible to your eyes,
There sits the epic mind:
That only speak lies;
But is so powerful--
Yet so blind.

Next you will see,
The intelligence so good:
That can just become so jittery;
If you don't feed it,
The necessary food.

Third comes the ego so false,
That is quite precarious:
That alone can swallow,
Entire humanity--
As a whole.

Oh tormented mortal,
Just don't torture yourself;
And fortify the intellectual
Power of yours:
With a light so bright,
With a love so eternal--
That will always guide,
The soul, in this lone world.

When we are conscious what do we actually refer to? Is it our body or something beyond that is 'awake'? There comes plenty of queries in our minds when we become familiar with this word 'consciousness'. But ever thought where it comes from?

Its comes from us. As eternal souls, consciousness is our energy. Just as white light is the energy of electricity. Consider a red film surrounding the light. The outcome will be the reddish kind of light, won't it? In the similar way, our subtle body, aka the body circling our soul, is the similar film filtering our present nature.

Now let us compare our present situation with a virtual reality PC game. We as souls are user. The screen that we see before us is mind that acts as a medium between us and various technological sensors. Intelligence means the road map of the entire game. It tells us what should be done. And false ego is the our weakness of forgetting the world and identifying ourselves with the character we are operating.

Similar is our situation. We are, although eternal, presently using this temporary body for our own pleasure. There are various senses in our body. For example, tongue, eyes, ears and so on. And mind is the medium that we use for enjoying the world with senses of our body.

Intelligence is the like a map that tells what to do or what not to do. For example, while watching TV there's a voice in the back of our head that tells us that we should be studying. And both the mind and intelligence are without consciousness. They can never choose the right option for us.

Consider the popup options in the computer. One that identifies with senses tells us to do actions that can gratify our bodily senses. And that which is the road map tells us the options that should be done in present situation. Both of them just are like popups, presenting their dialogs inside our heads. Its we, as souls that choose either of them.

False ego is very subtle in nature. Consider a person watching a movie. His head is fixed with chains towards the movie screen so that he cannot focus else where. In the meanwhile, he starts to identifying with the character in the movie. When there is sadness, he becomes sad and vice versa. In the same way, we are identifying ourselves with the body we are in. That body which we are using just to enjoy in this material world.

While playing this virtual reality PC game, we become so indulged in it that we don't even see the person sitting right beside us, inside our hearts.

As Bhagavad Gita explains, Lord is sitting inside our hearts just beside us. Watching us enjoy or suffer the fruits of our own actions.

BG 15.15: I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known. Indeed, I am the compiler of Vedānta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.

Just as the forgetful user, we are forgetting our eternal reality of being eternal and eternally related with the Supreme Being as His parts and parcels. We are so indulged in playing this game that we have even forgotten that He is sitting right beside us.

~°•°~

Thank you for reading. Please comment and vote.

Pooja XX