Chapter 3

(10)

Emil glimpsed his phone. Zero messages.

His stomach churned. He couldn't help opening his chat with Leon and typed something. The other omega hadn't answered any of his texts. He had been absent for almost a week already. And Emil got a bad feeling about it.

Yong Soo didn't come to school the first three days. Emil immediately suspected something fishy. When the Korean boy returned, he acted normal, albeit slightly more jolly.

He lost it when he caught Mathias chattering with Alfred and Yong Soo at lunch. He stomped up to the three alphas and pulled Mathias aside.

"What're you doing!" Emil growled, his cheeks burning.

"Huh?" Mathias blinked in puzzlement.

"Stop hanging out with these two jerks!" Emil snarled. The two alphas narrowed their eyes indignantly.

"Woah, wait, we were just talking. Why are you getting so offensive? Is something wrong, Emil?" Mathias tried to stroke the omega's hair but Emil shoved him off.

"Don't you start it." Emil pushed the Dane and glared at Yong Soo. "What did you do to Leon! Don't think that I'm unaware of it! He hasn't been to school for days!"

"And I thought you were his best friend da-ze." Yong Soo chuckled. "You don't even know when he's in heat?"

"What?"

"Oh yea, you couldn't help him anyway." Yong Soo giggled. "You're both omegas!"

"Screw you!" Emil lunged at the Korean. Mathias quickly clasped him and pulled him back.

"Stop it, Emil! What the fuck are you doing!"

Emil squirmed and kicked in Mathias' arms.

The other two alphas watched in amusement as the Dane dragged Emil out of the scene.

"What in the fucking world do you think you're doing?" Mathias shoved Emil into the toilet and pinned him against the wall.

"Let go, Mathias!" Emil cried and wiggled out of Mathias' grip.

"You're crazy! I won't let you mess with other alphas. You hear me? Your brother asked me specifically to take care of you, damn it!"

"I never asked you to look after me!" Emil retorted and smacked Mathias in the face. "How can you hang out with them? Those two are devils!"

"Emil!" Mathias bawled, holding down Emil's flailing wrists. "Calm down!"

"I can't!" Emil sobbed, "Leon...something's happened to him...he won't answer my calls... He's never been absent for this long. That guy...he's definitely done something to him!"

"Why do you care about him so much?" Mathias yelled, his face twisted in anguish and jealousy. "Why can't you just leave others alone and focus on us! Emil! I love you!"

"Stop it, Mathias..." Emil glanced away.

"He's an omega, Emil! You two can never be together!"

"I know!" Emil hollered, "It doesn't matter we can't bond. He's my friend, Mathias! If you love me, you should understand and respect my feelings! I'm worried about Leon!"

"Too late." Mathias released Emil.

The omega frowned, "What...what do you mean?"

"Leon didn't tell you?" Mathias rubbed his temples and sighed.

"What're you talking about?" Emil shook his head. "He hasn't talked to me for days!"

"They bonded," Mathias said. "They mated. Not just once. He belongs to Yong Soo now."