Chapter twenty-eight: Commander Gray

Commander Grayson's perspective

"Gray. Gray. Gray. OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! GRAY!" I jolted and leaned back on my seat. I went to sleep again, didn't I? I almost forgot where we were because I was dreaming that I'm in the middle of a spelling bee contest. We're in the Flash warrior battleship together with the other warriors. I remember now, we were heading toward Hymnilyria for further investigation of this mysterious incident- or case rather. "I fell asleep, haven't I?" I groaned and stretched my arms.

"For a commander, you sure sleep a lot." Giuseppe was standing at the door, arms crossed. Leaning his back on the sidewall. "Jalve spotted Hymnilyria behind a small island. Oh, and your girlfriend is waiting for you at the deck. She kept yelling your name."

"Girlfriend?" I squinted, the sun telling me that it was morning. "Wait, why is she here?"

"I know it may sound strange to you, but while we discussed this Dragonslayer problem, she went berserk. I mean, real berserk. She decided to join in our quest."

"How did she get into this ship?" I yawned.

"Your question doesn't continue the flow for me to answer. If you want to know, ask her . . . if you can. Seriously, she sounds obsessed with you, this is the reason why I never wanted to have a relationship."

"I told you many times, Gius," I got up, strapping my sword behind my back, "She's not my girlfriend."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "In my perspective, you two are adorable as a couple."

"Yeah? Even though she wanted to kill me the other day?" We headed outside to feel the air of the morning. Somehow the freshness was still present, enough to handle the chaotic atmosphere that the Devastrigon had caused.

He laughed. "You can tell that to your future children."

"Oh, shut up," I said. On the deck, we saw her sitting on a barrel. Her red hair was wavy and wild, as usual. It had never been styled in a ponytail or straightened or even cut short- thus matches her personality. Her fierce, green eyes looking at the ocean. 

She wore the same outfit as the day she wanted to kill me: a light grey military uniform, blue jeans, and winter boots that she use to kick me in the nuts. Good times, yet painful. She then looked at us. "Next time you bring warriors with you, make sure they know the value of manners." I turned to Giuseppe, not knowing what's going on. "I-I have nothing to do with this, okay?" Giuseppe lifted his hands in surrender.

She hasn't changed one bit. This was none other than Lady Erna "Jewel" Evverest, known as the Lady with the flaming hair or Phoenix Everest- but I prefer calling her Flame head. The Evverest family are known to be quite powerful and fought side-by-side with the Flash warriors. 

She's very notorious when it comes to being aggressive- By that, I meant being hot-headed. I'm not sure if I'll be in awe or I'm just gonna keep my distance. If I could do telepathy, she could do worse. I mentioned that she's aggressive, right? That's within her nature, but with her magic, she could adapt natural energy from the environment and convert it into her supernatural powers.

Using the mythical, elemental energies like spreading fire from her rage, punch with her rocky fists, jump high and surf with the wind, and pushing you with her aquatic force. It also depends on her emotional state. Let's just say when she gets angry, she would grow into flames. "Why, what happened?" I asked her.

But she just ignored my question. "Never mind." She rolled her eyes. Please don't kick my nuts, again. Please.

"So, Giuseppe told me that you kept calling my name. Why is that?" I asked another question.