Chapter thirty: Plan A and Plan B

"It doesn't make any sense at all." Giuseppe was rubbing his chin with his thumb and index finger. "If the Devastrigon is hiding in Mt. Impyerno, why did it go here and destroy Hymnilyria? And how?"

"What do we do now, commander?" Erna asked. I'm currently thinking of a plan. Right now, our top priority was to save all the people as best as we could.

"It is up to the boy who will take care of the monster. Right now, we have to face another problem," a voice said. We looked at a top of a tree which was where the voice came from. There stood a hooded man. He's here. "Oh, hey Wolph." I raised my hand in greeting. Johnwolph landed from the tree without a sound.

"Even though we haven't seen each other for so long, I still feel the same way." He glared.

"I miss you too, Wolph," I said, ignoring the ugly look on his face.

"Your brother and the other warriors are heading towards Mt. Impyerno. With the young Dragonslayer on their side, they have to be careful. They have no idea what the boy can do."

"Why are you here, anyway? And how did you get in here?" Giuseppe asked.

"You need to follow me. Something is wrong. Remember what I said about facing another problem?"

"Yeah, what about it? We already have the biggest problem." Jalve puts his finger into his ear, twisting it once in a while.

"No," Johnwolph turned to him. "That problem is only bigger, the biggest is that the Shadow knights are building an army."

"How big?" Giuseppe asked.

"Big," Johnwolph said with his deep voice. He never changed.

"That is big." Giuseppe scratched his head (Despite his hair being always clean and smelling like fresh mint).

"Great. things couldn't get any worse than this, yeah?" Now, Erna and the others gathered around us. "Whatever their problem is, it could probably be us."

"I thought so, too." John pulled his hood back. Clean my eyes, he looked older than I remembered. So many wrinkles. His beard was almost grey. "But their mission is far greater and more terrible. And this time, they will not stop until it is finished."

"So," Hugo raised his voice. "Who's leading the army?"

Johnwolph gave him a vicious snarl. "General Jabbernock."

"No," I gasped.

"Yes," he said.

"No."

"Yes."

"N-"

"Enough already!" Erna sighed, sounded exhausted. "Where are they?"

"Where the Dragonslayer used to live, at Northern Quarté."

"We have no idea what their plan is, but we need to stop them." she looked at me with concern and rage. I looked into her eyes and said, "There's no need to rush. We have to investigate and find out what they want."

"You'll talk to the General?" John crossed his arms.

"I'll pay him a visit," I said to him. "But not now, I suppose."

"By the way," Giuseppe stepped in. "Where are we going?"

"To make an army of our own, since I'm needed anyway." John snarled.

"We have to think of a plan," I suggested. "Plan A: We'll deal with these knights and stop what they are doing. And Plan B: Protect these innocent souls from the three-headed dragon. We have to face two challenges, not just one. We have to separate."

"Please continue." Giuseppe leaned on a tree. "Half of the warriors deal with the knights while the other half deals with the dragon when it comes back at least."

"If that so, the Dragonslayer can take care of that while we set our plan to see what the knights are up to." Johnwolph's voice became louder. "I hope his training would pay off.- not to mention he is part of the Berrygrewd." 

We were heading to our ship until small, rapid footsteps stopped us. "Wait! I'm coming with you, loves!" We turned to see Flayflay panting while her right hand is up. "I'm . . . I'm . . . I'm coming with you."

"It's too dangerous, Flayflay," I protested for her good.

"I . . . I . . ." After a few pants, she let out a big exhale. "I can help."

"Flayflay, this is a job for Flash warriors."

"You know, love." She glared. "There are other things you don't know about me."

"Of course I don't, we just met a couple of hours ago."

"That doesn't matter to me. This is also my fight. While I was spying on you fellas, I heard about the Shadow knights."

"So . . . ?" Giuseppe raised his eyebrow.

"Uh . . . how should I explain this. You see, I'm don't live in Hymnalyria. I moved here after those black-armored bastards raided my home. They took something precious from me and I want it back. And it's best if I'm the one who'll be tracking it because I may have a secret talent." She finally smiled. Her arms were on her back, her left hand holding the right wrist while her leg is scratching the other with her heel. They all looked at me. Waiting for my command. I should read minds often.

"You can't come," I said.

"What, too dangerous?" She placed her fists on each side of her hips.

"Yes."

"I'm still gonna come."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"Ooh, I'm starting to like her," Erna murmured.

I sighed. "Fine, but don't blame me when you die."

"Yay! I'll go get my stuff! Wait a minute, my house was destroyed."

A/N:

No need to wonder how Johnwolph got in there. So they will go to Nothern Quarté to see what the knights are up to plus you'll finally meet the warriors arch-nemesis. In the next chapter, we'll be back in Xabe's POV where we see them struggle to get across. And find out what's more to come in the next chapter! So . . . any thoughts of Flayflay?